What's new

Tubbyengineers Health thread...

Glad you're seeing an improvement and can hopefully feel a difference too and it's not just you perfecting your technique on the blow meter thingy. I say this because I have to have one done annually at work and the first time I did it it showed my lung age as 54 (can't remember the numbers - that one stuck in my mind) and the nurse said it takes a bit of getting used to and if I had another couple if go's it'd be better. Her making me feel better or fact - I don't know...

Readings for 12-09-13

Before:
Peak flow: 400, 400, 410
Pulse: 98
Sats: 97

After vaping TW Raspberry Menthol
Peak flow 400, 410, 390
Pulse 96
Sats: 97

Handy hint - never view the ten best Bond girls just before taking your pulse...Boobs!

I've managed to pick up a minor chest infection, hardly a shock I've always been prone to them. Anyway this one seems to be beating a hasty retreat after giving me a couple of days with a slight cough, hopefully this is a sign that switching to vaping is having another positive effect on me. I have noticed that I recover much quicker than I used to after climbing stairs (Let's face it 22 stone is a lot to shift) but I certainly manage better, even after 3 flights carrying my 25 pound tool case I'd got my breath back in a minute or so rather than the 3 or 4 it used to take...

Looks like your lungs are going from strength to strength. We are coming into the chest infection season so it will be interesting to see how it goes for you :)

Is that peak flow doodad the equivalent or better than a spirometer Tubby? It seems from your figures you are levelling out now or am I mistaken? If you're not, what sort of target peak flow level are you chasing?

Is that peak flow doodad the equivalent or better than a spirometer Tubby? It seems from your figures you are levelling out now or am I mistaken? If you're not, what sort of target peak flow level are you chasing?

It's the standard Wright mini tube type thing that is given to asthmatics, I'm not sure if my readings are leveling out or if my recovery is slowing down some - probably both. I'm not actually looking to a target it was just an idea to give people something tangible they could read about how health improves once you cut out the stinkies, plus it gave some very real data on what effects vaping has on the lungs in the very short term (before & after) which I thought people would find interesting...

Ok mate, understood. Was thinking that kind of data would be nice to stick under certain noses as proof absolute when they start chucking out their 'vaping is bad for you or unproven' crap etc..

Nice One Tub's keep it going Lad !!!! I've got one of those blow thingies buried in a cupboard somewhere as i'm Asthmatic, I might dig it out and have a blast myself!!! I know one thing for sure, my chest has drastically improved since starting Vaping as I have had the same inhaler for twelve months now and I used to get a new one every six to eight weeks when I was a smoker !!!!!:hugs:

Well done to you!! Are you going to reward yourself with something shiny? hehe

Well funny you should say that , I've just had an e-mail off FT to say my KTS mod has been shipped yesterday so I'll be watchin my letterbox for the next two weeks for any movement !!!!:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom