What's new

Study finds Toxic metals in E-cig vapour....

Playing Devil's Advocate here - The article does not get anywhere close to mentioning any cumulative figures does it? I mean, was the amounts of metals found in e-cigarettes based on just one puff? The toxic metal traces found in their Broccoli example were given as per half a cup for 11 micrograms. Not even a whisper of what volume of e-cig vapour gave their resulted figures.
It would make a change if the Boffins, from both camps, paid more attention to REAL facts and figures than overplaying and juggling statistics as justifications.
For example, if the figures can be taken as 'gospel' and, if the e-cig figures were taken from the volume of one puff, then 37 puffs results in the same amount of chromium as half a cup of broccoli.

Conclusion? None of the figures quoted in the article will have an effect upon how much broccoli I eat, or how much I vape. :P

Last edited:
Another Devil's Advocate - inhaling is not the same as eating - meh!

Playing Devil's Advocate here - The article does not get anywhere close to mentioning any cumulative figures does it? I mean, was the amounts of metals found in e-cigarettes based on just one puff? The toxic metal traces found in their Broccoli example were given as per half a cup for 11 micrograms. Not even a whisper of what volume of e-cig vapour gave their resulted figures.
It would make a change if the Boffins, from both camps, paid more attention to REAL facts and figures than overplaying and juggling statistics as justifications.
For example, if the figures can be taken as 'gospel' and, if the e-cig figures were taken from the volume of one puff, then 37 puffs results in the same amount of chromium as half a cup of broccoli.

Conclusion? None of the figures quoted in the article will have an effect upon how much broccoli I eat, or how much I vape. :P

According to the comments section, the blogger states that it is based on Nanograms/per hour of emissions in their figures.

He then relates this to an average vape of a cumulative 16 mins per day or so. Probably quadruple that volume for someone who drips about 5 - 10ml a day like me.

I know what you mean though, I would like to know what juice was used and on what set up etc.

I think in the long term, if it is comparable to eating a plate of broccoli and spaghetti against chain vaping for one hour, there is still nothing to worry about.

Either way I won't be back on the fag's any time soon!

The concern seems to be Nickel, Chromium, and Lead... And they are using cigalike in the experiment, Ni-Chrome wire in the atomizer?

According to the comments section, the blogger states that it is based on Nanograms/per hour of emissions in their figures.

He then relates this to an average vape of a cumulative 16 mins per day or so. Probably quadruple that volume for someone who drips about 5 - 10ml a day like me.

I know what you mean though, I would like to know what juice was used and on what set up etc.

I think in the long term, if it is comparable to eating a plate of broccoli and spaghetti against chain vaping for one hour, there is still nothing to worry about.

Either way I won't be back on the fag's any time soon!

Follow the links to the study

E-cigarette smoke found to contain toxic metals | USC News

"Sioutas and Saffari compared the smoke from a common traditional cigarette brand with smoke from an Elips Serie C e-cigarette, one of the most popular European brands."

Particulate metals and organic compounds from electronic and tobacco-containing cigarettes: comparison of emission rates and secondhand exposure - Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts (RSC Publishing)

edit: that cigalike is at least 2 years old technology

Follow the links to the study

E-cigarette smoke found to contain toxic metals | USC News

"Sioutas and Saffari compared the smoke from a common traditional cigarette brand with smoke from an Elips Serie C e-cigarette, one of the most popular European brands."

Particulate metals and organic compounds from electronic and tobacco-containing cigarettes: comparison of emission rates and secondhand exposure - Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts (RSC Publishing)

edit: that cigalike is at least 2 years old technology

What I'm taking away from this is.......... Avoid cig-a-likes, don't use Nichrome or whatever that stuff is :D

What I'm taking away from this is.......... Avoid cig-a-likes, don't use Nichrome or whatever that stuff is :D

yea avoid cigalikes, the lack of decent airfolw would imo create more heat and potential by-products. I have contactd Ovale and asked what type of wire and what grade they use in their atomizers, and whether they have always used it, will let you know if/when they respond

Back
Top Bottom