What's new

NEW TPD proposals MUST READ! Leaked Dec 10th 2013

Some relaxation on flavours though.

And I'm not sure that it actually bans e-liquid any more.

Although it does seem to still ban batteries (see the definition of Electronic Cigarette)

"Electronic cigarette means a product, or any components thereofincluding cartridges and the device without cartridge, that can beused for consumption of nicotine-containing vapour via a mouth piece. "
Now, I may be reading this incorrectly but taken in conjunction with

4f) electronic cigarettes with refillable cartridges or tanks are notplaced on the market;

Now, a lawyer could argue that this doesn't actually ban PVs and tanks at all. But it would ban kits and hybrids. My reasoning being that a PV generally doesn't come with a tank and or cartridge. So it would come under the scope of "the device without cartridge". I don't think there's anything that actually bans tanks sold as standalone items.

Let's face it, whoever drafted this is completely incompetent, which is all to the good.

Please note that I'm not saying we shouldn't carry on fighting it - it's clearly still a load of badly thought out bollocks.

As a HGV driver been there with this EU lot,they brought in the 48hr week that you could opt out of,they didnt like that so put it thru again but under health and safety, which you can not opt out of, my money dropped £500 a month over night, if they want it they will find a way of getting it thru no matter what, I just look forward to being a criminal now

Lets hope this gets thrown out, I'm all for regulation but they are taking it too far. These guys need a reality check.

It shouldn't be forgotten that going back a few years, all we had were wadding filled cartridges.

A lot of the innovations in vaping have been made by 'men in sheds' designing and building prototypes and then selling small batches.

If the anti brigade want to ban the mass manufacture and sale of items, then maybe those men in sheds might find a new lease of life making 'electronic incense burners' and selling them on a small scale.

Sure, it could be a pita to be on a waiting list but it wouldn't be the first time I had been and if there are enough men in enough sheds, then their regulations will be useless.

If the 'worst' was to happen, I'm of the opinion that it's up to us to carry on vaping in a manner as close as possible to how we are currently. If their de facto ban can't stop us then ultimately, it will have no 'teeth' and they'll have lost.

I hope that these cynical, bullshit regs can be stopped but if they aren't, then we need to be able to just ignore as many of them as is possible and just carry on vaping.

At least imho.

It shouldn't be forgotten that going back a few years, all we had were wadding filled cartridges.

A lot of the innovations in vaping have been made by 'men in sheds' designing and building prototypes and then selling small batches.

If the anti brigade want to ban the mass manufacture and sale of items, then maybe those men in sheds might find a new lease of life making 'electronic incense burners' and selling them on a small scale.

Sure, it could be a pita to be on a waiting list but it wouldn't be the first time I had been and if there are enough men in enough sheds, then their regulations will be useless.

If the 'worst' was to happen, I'm of the opinion that it's up to us to carry on vaping in a manner as close as possible to how we are currently. If their de facto ban can't stop us then ultimately, it will have no 'teeth' and they'll have lost.

I hope that these cynical, bullshit regs can be stopped but if they aren't, then we need to be able to just ignore as many of them as is possible and just carry on vaping.

At least imho.

I agree that those with mech mods can carry on pretty much indefinitely, and diy -ers can make their own juice...
My concern is around procuring nicotine. Where would we get our pharma grade nicotine from? Cos it's made by well Pharma, (who may well stop selling the liquid to boost their own products) . Yes , we may be able to get our hands on some nicotine probably, but would it be vape -quality? :(

I agree that those with mech mods can carry on pretty much indefinitely, and diy -ers can make their own juice...
My concern is around procuring nicotine. Where would we get our pharma grade nicotine from? Cos it's made by well Pharma, (who may well stop selling the liquid to boost their own products) . Yes , we may be able to get our hands on some nicotine probably, but would it be vape -quality? :(

Well I don't know about anyone else but I've got over 2 litres of nic base in my freezer and plan to get at least 1 more before the end of this month.

It won't last forever obviously, but I don't honestly think it will need to. It only needs to last long enough for any de facto ban to be challenged and defeated in the courts.. which I think is what will ultimately happen if the regulations in their current form are forced through.

You've got a point there steffijade. I too, don't think a ban would stand up legally if challenged , so all we will need to do, worse case scenario is to think about the limbo period.

That I can live with ..and spend some useful time making space in my freezer :D

Am I the only one who's been eyeing up the plug-in air-fresheners? I reckon these wouldn't be too difficult to modify into a PV with a little bit of hacking & botching.As has been said,nicotine might become tricky to source,but there's always aubergines/tomatoes and a little internet reading to create a form of e-liquid usable nicotine? The biggest hassle would be attracting new vapers as we are now.

Back
Top Bottom