POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Legal requirements when producing/selling e-liquid??

Discussion in 'Health and Legal Information' started by Br0kenRabbit, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br0kenRabbit

Br0kenRabbit Postman

Hey people, I'm just wondering if there are currently any legal requirements when producing/selling e-liquid other than the obvious age and toxicity warnings?

Any information would be much appreciated.

2. TMBNotes
  3. Mark

Mark Legend

• Thank Thank x 1
  4. Br0kenRabbit

Br0kenRabbit Postman

Thanks for the link Mark. I will check it out :)

5. Komodo Vape
  6. Bryan123456

Bryan123456 Achiever

Packaging should be CHIP compliant and properly labelled with respect to toxicity, contents and COSHH type medical advice - see ECITA. I am confident this will all be tightened up and clarified sometime after May 2013 when MHRA introduces legislation - for example there is no requirement currently to provide certifications of purity with respect to nicotine.

• Thank Thank x 1
  7. Br0kenRabbit

Br0kenRabbit Postman

Thanks for the info. I will do a bit more research before I start. I have seen how the large companies package (such as LF) and can do that no problem, I like the fact they have the tactile triangle on the bottles for visually impaired/blind people.

How would one go about getting a batch tested and a certificate? My initial plan was to make to order but I will look a little more into this at some point.

#5 Br0kenRabbit, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  8. Do a google for tactile labels... and if you contact ECITA they can let you know all that fun stuff for getting it tested!

• Thank Thank x 1
  9. Judy@WavesOfVapour

[email protected] Achiever

http://dantech.co.uk
    a roll of 1000 for £24.00 inc. Vat and shipping.
    i have a batch of tactile triangles on the way, send them an email rather than giving them a call cus they ask you to send an email anyways lol

• Thank Thank x 1
  10. Bryan123456

Bryan123456 Achiever

I would also be amazed if MHRA didn't introduce some sort of requirements for mixing facilities.

Currently it would be possible to mix in a rat infested hole with dog turds on the floor, one hand scratching one's pubic lice, alternatively reaming bogeys from a nostril, with hands that had not been washed for two days and sell the liquid. If there is no requirement for clean room facilities of a Food Standards type level and staff / producer qualifications in Hygiene to the same level, I will eat my hat (suitably cleaned of course). MHRA has promised 'light touch' legislation, this is light touch. It is also a minimum sort of standard that would protect consumers from the worst sort of practices and wouldn't impact on home mixing. I would also expect that there might be a registration requirement for eliquid sellers and inspection by Food Standards and or Trading Standards.

• Thank Thank x 1
  11. Br0kenRabbit

Br0kenRabbit Postman

Thanks. I will look into it. Can't warrant a £600 per month membership though, that's more than my rent! ;)
    Thanks for the link, I will grab myself some of those. Do you know if there is a good label template for the bottles anywhere? I still haven't got around to sorting that out yet, but it's obviously a high priority. Failing finding a template I will just use the labels on the pre-made juices I have brought from LF as a guide.
    Thanks for the information. I can assure you my liquids will be mixed in a sterile environment, syringes, pipettes, bottles etc.. will not be reused. Now the fun part of building the website and mixing some liquids, I probably won't start for a while as I have a lot of experimentation to do first. I have spent the last week perfecting just one liquid ;)

12. Judy@WavesOfVapour

[email protected] Achiever

Google 'label templates' there's a whole array of sizes, it would depend how big you wanted your labels to be i guess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.