What's new

Got a survey from my doc - anyone else?

Choice Wood

Postman
I got a survey through the post last week, about giving up smoking (or not). It was supposedly run by Cambridge University and UCL. Easy enough to fill in - mostly tick boxes...

What struck me, though, was that there was no mention whatsoever of electronic cigarettes. There was a section at the end where you could add you own comments, so I pointed out that e-cigs weren't mentioned and I therefore believe that the results of their survey would be both inaccurate and misleading...

One question in particular, I enjoyed answering. It was a 'how many times...' question with the option to only fill in a two-figure number. There were questions like ' How many times have you phoned a help line? ' - 0
biggrin.gif
'How many times have you used an NHS nicotine patch?' - 0
biggrin.gif
And a few more similar questions where the answer was 0. The last question was 'How many times have you used a website to help you?' - answer 99! That was the max I could put!
biggrin.gif

It will be interesting to see if I hear any more about this survey. It is connected to my doctor's surgery and they share the info with them. So, at least my doctor will now know that I use e-cigs...

Anyone else get this survey though the post - and fill it in?

Cheers
Adam

Can't say I have though when I changed doctors a couple of years ago I had to fill in a form which included questions about smoking. I thought it was a great opportunity to explain about ecigs. I crossed out smoker and replaced it with Vaper and where they asked about the number of cigs i smoked I said about 4-5 mls of 18-20mg strength ejuice lol.

The doctor asked about it and he clearly hadn't heard of them so I got out an ego and carto and had a puff. His face was a picture. He was kind of impressed but reckoned nicotine was a 'bad thing' and then suddenly moved on. I still don't kthey if they have me down as a smoker or not.

I had a phone call from my doctors surgery last year and they asked if I was still smoking (they've previously threatened to stop some of my medications because I smoked). I was very pleased to tell them I hadn't had a cigarette for months. I didn't elaborate and I haven't had any more queries. As long as they leave me alone I'm not that bothered if they don't know I'm vaping as opposed to 'quit'. ;)

After 3 months exclusive vaping my GP surgery puts people down as non-smokers.
I have had surveys at the surgery but none for over a year since I started vaping so haven't had the pleasure of filling one in. I did take my vamo in last time I went, was asked by doc what it was and demonstrated. He knows what an ego looks like but never saw anything that big and shiny before and said there was no way it could be mistaken for a cigarette.
Why do some doctors say nicotine is bad for you when they prescribe it?

Back
Top Bottom