Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No and I do not plan to.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes I have but only some have replied

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is there a way POTV could team up with other forums, using members to coordinate one huge petition with all of our support. I have written, emailed and phoned local MP's about this and although they hear our point, without a huge mass uproar they just wont do anything. We need the masses here I think, if the forums start the ball rolling it might just get some press. I can issue news directly to the south wales website and speak to them but again, we need numbers.

Is there a way POTV could team up with other forums, using members to coordinate one huge petition with all of our support. I have written, emailed and phoned local MP's about this and although they hear our point, without a huge mass uproar they just wont do anything. We need the masses here I think, if the forums start the ball rolling it might just get some press. I can issue news directly to the south wales website and speak to them but again, we need numbers.

Probably not...to be honest ive all ready got too much going on and not got time to organize anything of this size. Dont know about the other mods but for me...i can participate but not help organize.

Probably not...to be honest ive all ready got too much going on and not got time to organize anything of this size. Dont know about the other mods but for me...i can participate but not help organize.

I will have a brain racking over the next couple of days Kurl, I found one petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/43426 which needs signatures bad, I will also get my coffee shop visitors to put their mark down should they wish.

I will have a brain racking over the next couple of days Kurl, I found one petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/43426 which needs signatures bad, I will also get my coffee shop visitors to put their mark down should they wish.

Just had a look at that epetition, and appreciate it's not yours. It's only one day old isn't it so over the next year, it'll get signatures. Looking at the wording though:

It is looking increasingly likely that e-liquid sales will be banned in the forthcoming EU Tobacco Directive rewrite.
Such a ban is entirely corruption-based since it is directly opposed to the best interests of public health: it removes consumers’ rights to safer tobacco-like consumption modes that are proven successful. The only alternatives will be pharma products that are expensive and proven unsuccessful (they have a 95% failure rate when averaged out). Therefore it can be seen that a ban on e-cigarettes (or a core component such as the refill liquid) must have been obtained by bribery. This comes as no surprise as we have recently seen the financial motives that EU health committee members are driven by.

This really is an attack on bribery which isn't the point being put across, or shouldn't be at least. It should really read as something like this:

The ban will impose limits on a readily available nicotine replacement which is proving a positive alternative to cigarettes and the attached dangers of smoking. Not only will the end user be affected, but there will be global impacts to many parts of the production and commercial chain.

Simple and to the point. I am not qualified of aware of the numerical impacts and actual failure rate of other alternatives but that can be obtained.

Just had a look at that epetition, and appreciate it's not yours. It's only one day old isn't it so over the next year, it'll get signatures. Looking at the wording though:

This really is an attack on bribery which isn't the point being put across, or shouldn't be at least. It should really read as something like this:

Simple and to the point. I am not qualified of aware of the numerical impacts and actual failure rate of other alternatives but that can be obtained.

I completely agree, the petition itself can only be raised with facts, thisgs we know to be true or things where no evidence suggests it is neither true or untrue. This current petition is based on the unprovable, it may well be the case but we are not going to win this battle by mud slinging slander and the whole EU health comittee no matter how reasonable or mad this makes us. I like your point jrob3rts. I believe i can request exact figures, also exact figures for the smoking cost on the NHS vs the tax revenue for cigarettes, it should be covered under the freedom of information.

Surprise surprise...
Gotta have some balls to take on the tobacco industry, they control the world you know :P

This is fair though: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/42348
They rejected it!!!!

They rejected it because it was about a TV show and the government doesn't decide what's on TV.

Letters are more efficient than petitions but need people to actually put some work into writing a single, personal one that can be sent to all concerned (seperately).
I've sent letters to all MEPs and my MP, same letter with different addresseees to MEPs, a new one to my MP.
They are now back from Christmas breaks, or should be.
If possible email, snail mail, telephone, and try to arrange to actually meet them, bringing your vaping gear with you.
It means people have to take time and do something but the alternative is a ban. That is a fact.
Use your democratic right and do something which takes more than a couple of seconds or you won't have anything to vape soon, and stockpiles will become useless eventually.

Back
Top Bottom