POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Attention cat lovers

Discussion in 'Health and Legal Information' started by Miss Pepper, Mar 25, 2015.

1. bellyman

bellyman Moderator Staff Member

Phew....
    Good job I banned the cats from vaping!

• Like Like x 2
    • LOL LOL x 2
  2. Vampire Vape
  3. yappycat

yappycat Achiever

The article implies that only cats are at risk due to their 'specific weakness' to Heinz body anaemia. However it looks like that this is the same as haemolytic anaemia which can be caused by feeding onions and is also a risk to dogs (amongst other animals).

"Hemolytic anemia that results from the consumption or oral administration of onions has been reported in cattle, sheep, horses, cats, and dogs" http://vet.sagepub.com/content/22/4/387.full.pdf

Personally I think there's a degree of scaremongering in the article - its doubtful that vaping around your cat or dog is gonna be more harmful than cigarette smoke and most people aren't such jerks that they deliberately blow smoke or vapour into their pet's face anyway. As for keeping them away from the juice...well duh...people should be doing that to start with if they've got half a braincell.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Moley

Moley Achiever

Yawnnnnnn
    No proof, no data.
    Worse than tobacco for a cat? Did big pharmaceutical issue warnings about cats ingesting formaldehyde?

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. Univapo
  6. Smut

Smut Veteran

My dog seemed fine after eating a juice bottle he managed to get hold of with about 5mls in it

7. Rooster

Rooster Postman

Cant believe this needs discussion... common sense says ALL SUBSTANCES are harmful unless proven otherwise!

Must stop letting the grandkids play with my razors....even though there was no mention of it on the boxes !

8. city461

city461 Legend

It will be your turn soon...

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. eyeball kid

eyeball kid Legend

When I was a kid the vet used to worm the dog with tobacco. But if true the wife has many cats. Maybee I should fire up the goon.

10. Jay Hannen

Jay Hannen Postman

If your cat comes into contact with PG immediately put it in the bath.

*DISCLAIMER The cat featured in this image is an actor and was not harmed during the making of this public announcement* 1476011828919.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. nny

nny Initiate

Very good to know! I generally keep him away from anything he might be tempted to eat, although this does include cardboard boxes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lady Reptile

Lady Reptile Initiate

Personally, I detest air fresheners. Chemical garbage. If I use anything (and that's rarely) I do use incense cones, usually Frankinscense but my living room is well ventilated as I keep snakes too and I'm always mindful of what might affect them. My snakes are "knocking on a bit", some are over 15 years old. My eldest cats are 18 and 16 respectively. My oldest cat (a Tortoiseshell and white very similar to the one from the OP) was 22, almost 23 when she passed due to old age.

Juice I keep in an area where the cat's aren't allowed and in a cupboard. Seems that the vapes I've got are non-spill as well :)