What's new

and so it begins

steffijade

Achiever
A few years ago, I suggested to some friends that it wouldn't be long before the health nazis turned their attention to sugar content and was basically told that I was a conspiracy theorist nutter.

It gives me no pleasure to be able to say I told you so :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25650352

Perhaps the anti smoking lobby are positioning themselves to protect their future careers in the finger wagging industry in case the uptake of vaping continues to eat away at tobacco smoking and their bullshit arguments against vaping get laughed out of court in the long run.

How long before we are forced to see pictures like these on Mars bars and sherbet dips under the banner 'SUGAR KILLS' ?

obesity233_zps252f5b9d.jpg

Wont be allowed to advertise galaxy on the telly soon lol

Aren't the soaps all sponsored by Cadburys or some other chocolate business? Get in, no sponsors = no soaps! Wooo I can finally enjoy my afternoons without that shyte in the background! :D

Aren't the soaps all sponsored by Cadburys or some other chocolate business? Get in, no sponsors = no soaps! Wooo I can finally enjoy my afternoons without that shyte in the background! :D

They will just replace the choccie sponsors with teabags or something lol, soaps will go on forever :P

They will just replace the choccie sponsors with teabags or something lol, soaps will go on forever :P
You just had to crush my dreams didn't you? :( Don't mind the noise.. it's just me sobbing away in the corner to the theme tune of Emmerdale, having a mental breakdown courtesy of Coronation street, and dreaming of a stiff drink down the Rover's...

;)

My dad uses those awful artificial sweetners ( hermesetas ) in his coffee's.
Keep it to yourselves though.
Because it's a substitute to sugar, totally harmless, and he still gets the sweet taste he craves for, the MRSA might try and make it a medicine.

"It says the reduction could reverse or halt the obesity epidemic "
In my case, limiting the amount of bacon in me buttie, and reducing the the volume of brown sauce, would be more beneficial.

banning all the bloody takeaways around here and replacing with "proper" shops would be very beneficial

I've probably sounded like a sugar Nazi in the past, but what actually P's me off is the proliferation of low fat rubbish sold with the implication that this makes them automatically lower in calories when it does not: fat adds to the flavour (bring on the bacon butties! :p ), the body actually needs it - in moderation. The same with sugar. Instead these goods are over-filled with sugars to replace the taste lost by removing the fat :hmm:

:rant: over

I think labeling and product awareness over the last five years has come soooo far, As a fat diabetic, I can instantly see what is in a product and choose to buy or not too buy. Why o Why do we have to be "policed" over everything we do these days

Back
Top Bottom