What's new

Your Help Is Needed

Go and ask questions at your local vape shop and you will soon be smoke free

Thats a fib, A local vapeshop might be one where they push all the Smok mods they have onto unwary first timers cos no seasoned vaper wants em and the new user gets all dizzy with the disco lights and 18mg juice at 120 watts that he/she returns to smoking.
We know this happens often. Not all shops are like it but it is a common theme on here where new members got sold a 200w mod and a high watt subtank when they needed to use a MTL atty at least. A budget pod system is probably the best way to begin nowadays easy to use etc for beginners who can then vape away and research moving on to another set up or style of vaping should they wish. When i started it was a spinner and a carto. I had a protank 3 within a week

Thats a fib, A local vapeshop might be one where they push all the Smok mods they have onto unwary first timers cos no seasoned vaper wants em and the new user gets all dizzy with the disco lights and 18mg juice at 120 watts that he/she returns to smoking.
We know this happens often. Not all shops are like it but it is a common theme on here where new members got sold a 200w mod and a high watt subtank when they needed to use a MTL atty at least. A budget pod system is probably the best way to begin nowadays easy to use etc for beginners who can then vape away and research moving on to another set up or style of vaping should they wish. When i started it was a spinner and a carto. I had a protank 3 within a week

Yeah that can and does happen.

Fortunately didn't happen to me; when i went into my local vape shop, the vendor was just selling Aspire and Smok products plus juices initially (it had not long opened). Having done a lot research beforehand, i was hankering after an Alien mod & Big Baby Beast tank, but the chap running the shop, thankfully steered me towards an MTL starter kit from Aspire, which looking back i'm relieved he did that. Knowing now what Smok's reputation and quality control is like today..plus the fact the Alien and tank would've been too powerful, being a DTL device, i probably wouldn't have got on with it, might even gone back to smoking perhaps...and maybe, the darn thing would probably have broke by now, as well, lol!

Perhaps we ought to add to the list of advice to newbies...don't buy Smok stuff, first! :D

Last edited:
Don't have a drag on another fag, vape to escape. #smokerslivesmatter

Vaping..
Another waste of time and money eh.
As a heavy smoker who tried everything else from gum, tablets to sprays. I can say the transition to e cig's was far easier than I could ever have imagined.
Things you find out after switching.
Yes smoking does effect your health. Colds have cleared up quicker and been less frequent.
No chest infections.
I can walk further / faster without getting breathless and am far fitter than I've been in years.
All those people you know really do think you currently smell. A polo mint and deodorant really does not cover it.
If that means nothing to you.
Current spend per year if I was smoking ten packs a week (17 cigs a day) = £5200
Spend while vaping. (Including a couple of good set ups, a year's worth of coils and juice) £700.
That's a four and half grand saving.
£4500. What was I thinking.
Oh you roll your own so don't spend that much.
Planet of the vapes can show you how to make your own juice and coils plus point you in the direction of every vape bargain bringing your anual spend down to less than £100. (Less than a fiver a week to look better, feel better, smell better and be far better off).

A waste of time and money you say.
Excellent post, basically detailed how i gave up after smoking for 37yrs

This worked for 5 of my converts. I think I read it on here.
You’re addicted to Nicotine, not cigarettes. All Vaping is, is a safer, cleaner and less smelly delivery method

Don't be worried if your vape never leaves your hand and you feel as if you're constantly taking a puff. Vaping is not the same as smoking.

Back
Top Bottom