What's new

Why is chinese customer service so bad?

While I am ranting on here, I totally agree, and I am always polite I think.

It's not an easy job, it's not necessarily well paid, I feel a lot of sympathy for the folks doing it.

It's interesting to hear you say, @MHL , that you feel like you're being treated as an idiot

Perhaps that was an over-dramatic turn of phrase. But the point I was trying to get across was that when you email CS 3, 4 or 5 times and get no response, it's not substandard customer service, it's non-existent.

@MHL your opening post is confusing.
You reference fasttech and i and i suspect others may think thats where your problems have been.
If you've an issue with an FT purchase then open a ticket and one way or another they'll resolve it.

Never dealt with cthulhu direct but maybe there is a process.

You're right, probably wasn't so clear. I didn't intend to single out a company. I was just ranting about my overall experience of chinese customer service, which, so far, has not been great (I mentioned Aspire, Cthulhu and FT because they were recent examples that came to mind).

I've never known anything like it.

Trying to return anything to fasttech is like a haggling competition, even if it's totally broken or entirely the wrong product.

Aspire just don't reply, ever.

I really like those long thin Cthulhu Hastur drip tips, so when I was feeling flush I bought a small stash. (3 months ago - never arrived). I've contacted them about 12 times (messenger, email, their contact form) and only once received a response. I'm not an awkward customer, I only had 1 query before buying and 1 about the non-delivered order.

It really pisses me off, because I really like their stuff but this makes me resent doing business with them.

I'm partly ranting, partly wondering if there's a reason they're all so bad?
I got some fake tank glasses from Fasttech. After ages they finally sent a reply asking me to measure them with calipers and some other thing. Yeah like everyone has those instruments in their cupboards. Unless I did that they were not interested.
Aspire, they are pretty ignorant. I tried dealing with them
They just ignore problems. I'm sure if you sent the same email address you get ignored with a problem on, instead, a message praising them and wanting to share your amazing experience with others they'd be all over it like white on snow.
Voopoo, similar. "Ooooh, you happy with prize, please tell us and share" it had problems and told them, it was a lone cricket chirping in an empty hall after that. I think that "ignore the problem it'll go away" attitude though is creeping in everywhere, not just the Chinese. There's people and companies that do that here in AUS. Its the world we live in now. Still some exceptional ones around though like the outdoors company I dealt with lately.

It’s a different culture I’m afraid different ethos

You should try buying wholesale

I took it upon myself to order some stock from China

You start with an offer then haggle and barter you just can’t buy the stuff at the price quoted that’s just a price..,,

It took me a week of haggling like Dickerson’s real deal to buy one ships peanut

And alias when I got the stuff it’s was well...shit

I totally forgot, I've got a good one to add from Vandy Vape

I got my Pulse v2 kit with the RDA, the one with the air-discs, from FT. I was dissembling the RDA for a wash, not realising how flimsy the discs actually were & shattered it into half a dozen pieces

There were two others & I was happy using it in single coil mode. On a whim I emailed VV to see if they sold them, no was the reply but if I sent pics in of the kit, with the authenticity details & invoice they'd send me a set. Lo & behold, a little package arrived a week later & they'd done just that

I thought that was brilliant as it was my fault & I fully expected them just to ignore me

with ft pay with paypal .. if your barter is not going anywhere ,, or the refuse to sort it out .. just tell them your contacting paypal .. works wonders

Perhaps that was an over-dramatic turn of phrase. But the point I was trying to get across was that when you email CS 3, 4 or 5 times and get no response, it's not substandard customer service, it's non-existent.
Are you just sending them random emails? If you want to contact them regarding an issue then open a ticket for that item and send all messages via the ticket.

I've never had a ticket ignored and my experience of FT CS is first rate. I've placed dozens upon dozens of orders and opened many tickets. All have been resolved to my satisfaction.

I have to agree @Mitz , I’ve always found fasttech very helpful. Recently I had a good experience with 2fdeal as well.

Are you trying to contact Aspire in China? Aspire is a large manufacturer, they have Official UK distribution and support centers that you can email and even call.

I'm not surprised they aren't answering random emails in China. It's really the vendors job to look after you anyway. If you have a problem with your BMW car you don't send an email off to BMW HQ in Germany do you?

Back
Top Bottom