What's new

Why has gp closed down?

Simply and sadly, I'd guess it's just economics....with (it seems) one MtL vaper to ten or fifteen DtLers - not specifically on POTV -but in six months' vaping I have yet to see another MtL set up in public (sorry, seen one! When I met @eightbitraptor :)) apart from obvious quitter e-cigs or cig-a-likes, whose users are hardly likely to want to spend the amount a GP beauty costs. They ain't hobbyists...And almost every vaper at work has a SMOK or similar, with gert big chuffy tanks). MtL, despite a small resurgence it seems, is very much a minority thing.

And, to be honest, how many of us have and regularly buy clones from FT etc. Whatever the figure it would surely vastly overshadow any sales VapourArt made. And probably most other small perfection-dedicated makers out there...
Are you from Bristol? Haven't heard 'Gert' for a while

Not from Bristol - tho I am Banksy.

I think....

I just pick up accents, words and assorted verbal quirks.
:)

Hello, the makers of the fabled heron 1.5 have shut down. Does anyone know why. No more spheroids, it's mind blowing historically speaking. I feel like offering to buy their cnc machine and programmes off of them. What can replace these inventive makers of atties? I've never tried any of them, but the heron 1.5 is part of mtl folk lore. Any insight would be much appreciated

Shifting trends....mech tube mods..what are they to a newish vaper....the heron v1.5 was discontinued years ago...and they (vapourart) made a pigs ear of the Heron v2 atty....so they were left with basically fk all of any use to sell.

Cor it’s quiet in here tonight.

A thread like this, I was expecting a 21 page argument about Chinese gear and clones!! Not a peep.

A pre rugby read, come On you ‘ull!, and Im shocked and dismayed to find I’ve agreed with every single one of your points

I wonder if the ongoing austerity measures are a factor in this. I wonder how much of their customer base were in Greece?

There’s also the fact that when you buy a vapourart or a byleo product or something like that. You basically have a product for life. The service is generally top notch with replacement parts and repairs being easy to carry out and the workmanship being exceptional. So you pay a lot of money but you only do it once..

Do you mean you get a lifetime warranty? I'm not familiar with high end products so not clear what you mean. Presumably once a company ceases to exist, the parts and repairs would go with it.

Not always the case. GP have stated that they will honour service work and will supply spares whilst they have stock.
The Greek economy has brought many to their knees. The whole financial culture over there is very different to our's and the vast majority of Greek Manufacturers are struggling. The Retail side of things remains, but only just. It's going to be a tight time for those who remain and realistically, their only hope is that World Wide sales continue at a level that will keep them afloat.

Very sad times.

Do you mean you get a lifetime warranty? I'm not familiar with high end products so not clear what you mean. Presumably once a company ceases to exist, the parts and repairs would go with it.

Sometimes, yes. Limelight mechanics have an explicit lifetime warranty. Sometimes it’s less explicit, but I’ve certainly heard of people emailing GP for replacement parts for old Spheroids and sending them back to get them fixed for the postage.

Sadly though I think you’re right. Now the companies gone, it’s going to be harder and harder to have servicing done and source replacement parts.

Back
Top Bottom