What's new

Where are all the 21700 mods?

Hahah sweet!
By all accounts the board did work fine, just the box was a plasticky POS.
Had a quick look, £19:99 clearance at Evolution, but would need to spend another £5 on side panels - pass!

Don't bother, the first time you drop it from more than a few cm on to anything harder than foam and the 510 will separate from it's housing.

Even when it was brand new the resistance was never accurate because of the way the connector is made, basically a 510 thread pressed in to a brass ring, then they use super glue for a "solid" fit.

It's a real shame tbh and about the only thing that let the mod down imo, yeah it was a plastic pos, but it was cheap and the board still works great after being used every day for a couple of years. It's actually pretty accurate now it's got a proper connection wired to it.

Speaking of Evolution, they have the Odin Mini 100W for £34.99 at the moment. No matte black though, otherwise I would have probably ordered one.

I think I'm just going to be boring and wait for a good deal on an Aegis Max.

Speaking of Evolution, they have the Odin Mini 100W for £34.99 at the moment. No matte black though, otherwise I would have probably ordered one.

Maybe check out ecigone, use code EXTRA.

Not that keen on the look of the Deco and the Drag X Plus... well its a mod, but hardly inspiring. The Drag X (18650) at least had the 'leather' which is all the rage.
Talking of which, the Augvape Foxy one is probably one of the nicer in the current crop of leather clad devices.
I didnt like the 1.2a charging on the foxy for a cpl of reasons

I actually got sidetracked the 21700 route because I'd resurrected my Armour Pro - before that, for extended battery life/power I was about to blag an Eleaf Invoke (2x18650) portable, smallest dual and relatively light (and imoortantly cheap!) for a Workshop/AdV plus I have a lot of of 18650 batteries.

Looked at the Odin felt it was just yet another boxy, uninspiring mod - with DNA maybe another story...

The only 21700 which I've blagged recently which passes the workshop test, is the Cold Steel - but it fails every other requirement - small/light - its as well to be wearing rigger boots if you drop it haha!

Still for regulated, 18650/21700 box mods, I think the Foxy is the classiest looking of the current crop. Aegis series is well proven though.
Fair enough, though I never charge on device myself. If I'm away, or mobile, I carry an Xtar PB2S in bag/car.

I actually got sidetracked the 21700 route because I'd resurrected my Armour Pro - before that, for extended battery life/power I was about to blag an Eleaf Invoke (2x18650) portable, smallest dual and relatively light (and imoortantly cheap!) for a Workshop/AdV plus I have a lot of of 18650 batteries.

Looked at the Odin felt it was just yet another boxy, uninspiring mod - with DNA maybe another story...

The only 21700 which I've blagged recently which passes the workshop test, is the Cold Steel - but it fails every other requirement - small/light - its as well to be wearing rigger boots if you drop it haha!

Still for regulated, 18650/21700 box mods, I think the Foxy is the classiest looking of the current crop. Aegis series is well proven though.

I'm just after something that will give a bit more battery life than my Solo really. I know going dual 18650 (or even dual 21700) would be the best option but I don't really want the heft. Even my old Drag Mini felt massive as it was almost the same dimensions as the Drag 2.

I do like the Foxy One a lot, but at least with the Aegis range I don't have to worry about dropping it or it getting scratched in my pocket/backpack. I've found a Max on Cloudstix for £29.99 so might go for it.

To be using a 1.2a type c charging circuit makes me worry the rest of the board is made with the other parts no other manufacturer wants anymore

Edit: i didnt want to say it, because i hope it is a great mod for those who bought it, didnt wanna jinx anything or start false rumors, but u asked. Mind u, i often have completely unfounded prejudices for no reason other than the sky is blue and i had pizza yesterday.

2nd edit: for all i know they went with a lower rate for safety reasons and they are ahead of the pack

Last edited:
Took delivery of the augvape foxy one mod yesterday, single 21700. It is absolutely dinky, makes the aegis max look like the hulk.

Back
Top Bottom