What's new

When is a warranty not a warranty?

schlinky

Achiever
I bought a nitecore i4 back in Nov last year. It was a bit dodge from the get go but I worked out if I put the batteries in first before turning it on, it would mostly work.

I did contact evolution vaping when it first arrived and they agreed to replace the unit but because I wouldn't be able to return the faulty unit (disability) I didn't want them to be out of pocket so I persevered.

So, all these months later and it popped a battery, luckily I was right next to it when it did unplugged quickly.

Long story short evolution are now saying I have to go through nitecore and they're no longer interested in honouring the manufacturers warranty.

Sad times :(

Firstly Boss, GREAT to see you back and Posting, even if it's under trying circumstances :(

Secondly I to have recently had issues with a Nitecore i4 New. Dodgy from day one, thankfully I gave up with it the day before the returns feature expired. Had Nitecores for blooming years with noo probs at all but their new stuff seems a tad questionable.

I also think Nitecore aren’t up to the quality of Xtar and Gyrefalcon et al and my last D2 was a bit shite so I haven’t had one since.

Unfortunately I think Evo are in the right. For the most part warranties from the vendor are valid for 30/60/90 days, and after that the balance of the warranty is handled by the manufacturer. As you’re 10 months in you’d need to go via Nitecore.
Contact details as per the pic.
IMG_4635.png

Firstly Boss, GREAT to see you back and Posting, even if it's under trying circumstances :(

Secondly I to have recently had issues with a Nitecore i4 New. Dodgy from day one, thankfully I gave up with it the day before the returns feature expired. Had Nitecores for blooming years with noo probs at all but their new stuff seems a tad questionable.
Thanks for the kind words. I started with Nitecore, a 65 charger that was built like a tank and still works so I was surprised to have issues. It's reassuring to hear I'm not the only one and I appreciate the recommendations from @SirLugg

I'll try Nitecore tomorrrow but I suspect they'll say they want the old unit back so I'll just take it as a learning lesson, if something isn't right deal with it straight away and maybe Nitecore is no longer top of the pile when it comes to chargers.

If you are offered a replacement, and refuse for any reason, then i don't think you have a complaint. Sorry mate.

You really have my sympathy! No one should have to put up with faulty gear, and personally, I think EV should have sent you a new one free of charge. That would be customer service and showed they wanted to keep you as a customer.

My nitecore works just fine, but it’s at least 3 years old, so probably not relevant. I did, however, buy a Dovpo College from them (on sale), and when I received it, the whole bottom plate fell out. First, they denied it was their problem, and then they insisted I send it back to them from Norway, at my expense. Then they would consider sending me a replacement or refunding my money. This was right after my second operation and I wasn’t able to deal with that hassle.

Lesson learned, never spending money there again!
:gunban: Evolution Vaping

My understanding is that your contract is with Evoloution vaping not Nicore, under the sale of goods act its Evoloutions responsibility to sort it out with you. The earlier offer of replacement might be the issue.

The way it played out was, I got it, it worked 1st time. Next time I plugged it in the lights didn't come on and it didn't charge.

I got in contact with Evo and explained, "send it back" they said. "That's going to be a massive pain for me" I said...

"Okay, well send us a video of it not working" Fair enough I thought.

Holding a camera whilst putting the batteries in and plugging in leads is also quite difficult for me, so I put the batteries in, started filming and plugged the lead in... freaking thing worked and I felt embarrassed.

So it kind of worked but not as intended, up until recently when it popped a battery and I now don't trust it.

I thought it was still under warranty, which is only partially true. We'll see what nitecore says.

Don't think I'll be using nitecore or evolution again though despite their good initial response.

My understanding is that your contract is with Evoloution vaping not Nicore, under the sale of goods act its Evoloutions responsibility to sort it out with you. The earlier offer of replacement might be the issue.

you are right. it’s the shop’s responsibility. i’m not sure the offer of a replacement earlier should make a difference, in fact it would only serve as evidence the charger was faulty when they sold it.

you are right. it’s the shop’s responsibility. i’m not sure the offer of a replacement earlier should make a difference, in fact it would only serve as evidence the charger was faulty when they sold it.
Hopefully, fingers crossed the OP gets a good outcome. EV need to remember the cost to them as we live in a world where bad service is now on view to many

Back
Top Bottom