What's new

What's causing this

Is it tasting dry before separation? Or is it completely saturated until "boom" and the wick splits? How far away from the airflow inlet is the coil? Are you using it on a mechanical or regulated mod?

Is it tasting dry before separation? Or is it completely saturated until "boom" and the wick splits? How far away from the airflow inlet is the coil? Are you using it on a mechanical or regulated mod?

I did get a very brief semi dry hit before I took it apart to find it split

The coil is fairly close to the inlet say 2mm
Regulated mod

You could try adjusting your coil height...the tanko's have a big air flow inlet for MTL. You sure your airflow is good?
Just seems the coil is not being cooled enough at the centre...only time I had problems like that was on my sirens when sometimes the wick would burn through but they took days not 10 mins

Adjusted the coil height
The airflow is good it's like a fucking jet engine in there the amount of air flow going in - airflow in this tank is huge

I also put more cotton in, outside for a wee toot, literally 2 mins
Top level of cotton already split and can be pulled out easily

The 2 bits sticking up are the 2 halves of the top layer of the wick that have come apart already

IMG_1307.JPG

Weird that you're not getting any shorts or anything. Is the resistance fluctuating on the mod? The only way I can see this sort of thing happening is a sporadic short, one of the wraps touching another loop and causing a hotspot or the negative/positive connection not being secured properly and the resistance jumping all over the place resulting in too much power going to the coil.

All of those things though, I'd assume you would be seeing issues on the chip or you'd get a real nasty dry hit before the wick separates.

Maybe try tightening the 510 to ensure the positive block isn't moving around...

If you look at thd last picture youve posted you can see daylight through the coil where the wick should be.
Take the wick out and pulse it while strumming any hot spots so the coil heats up evenly to rule out hot leg then wick it again so the wick is tight enough to offer enough resistance to pull on the coil but not enough to physically move it.

Back
Top Bottom