What's new

What Metal Type For DNA Mods

What metal type coils would you use in a DNA mod?

• Kanthal

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Ni80/90 etc

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • SS316L etc

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • Titanium

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Each to their own. It think it comes from the PWM days when you could feel the rattle in every high wattage Vape going aside from the DNA’s, but even still I’d still argue that it’s more consistent now as much as it was then.

I too ignore the numbers on the screen to an extent although starting too low on a low resistance coil in airy atty proves mostly a fruitless experience. However 100 watts feels like 100 regardless of the DNA I throw it on. If I want the same from two Voopoo Drags then it isn’t the same and each is different. The only board that comes close in consistent power production for me is the Omni, and I include the Yihi boards in that because I don’t rate them. At all.

Smoothness and consistency is what kept me vaping when I moved into drippers, and the DNA boards are the absolute best at that. I was really just making a point that you’d said that if you don’t use TC a DNA is somewhat a waste - it isn’t.
The omni board is superb. When I was reviewing them I couldn't tell them apart from the DNA boards. The dicodes board is excellent in tc obviously but it's astoundingly expensive to obtain a mod with it inside.
I love tc but being an resoundingly lazy sod when it comes to vaping I can't be arsed to keep changing coils when they cost up.
I'm pretty sure I'm using some kanthal coils older than some people, lol.

Last edited:
Smoothness and consistency is what kept me vaping when I moved into drippers, and the DNA boards are the absolute best at that. I was really just making a point that you’d said that if you don’t use TC a DNA is somewhat a waste - it isn’t.
As long as the end user which bought said DNA device is happy, i don't think it really matters how he/she uses it. If they are getting a good vape and they are happy with it , that is what really matters at the end of the day.
Yes at times its nice to run in TC, but if you set up your coils/coils right in a tank that you get on with then there really isn't much in it, or that is what i have noticed. Also not running your DNA in TC is not a waste as there are so much more to customise in escribe than there is to do on other chip/boards. I will shut up now :)

I’d typically use Kanthal or variants of Stainless Steel but a banana split clapton is pretty hard to beat.

Lmao @ copper slug...and banana split

images.jpeg-44.jpg

(If rick was a banana instead of a pickle, lol)

Back
Top Bottom