What's new

Wanna buy a vape, help please?

I reduced nic in the past and found I was puffing the thing non stop. These days I have mostly 12mg in the house and 24 out and about, and my consumption varies but probably 5ml a day at the very most, often less.

Yaaay I was correct... What do I win ?

a 10ml nic shot. :)

I'm still a little confused though...

"As well as i have smoked before i am trying to stop by vaping and i am thinking if that i get it with any nicotine i wont get addicted."

If you are smoking cigarettes and trying to stop by vaping then you are already addicted. If you aren't addicted to smoking then you don't need vaping to to stop.

... or is the truth that you aren't addicted to smoking but you enjoy it and you just want to start 'smoking' again but would rather choose the less harmful option of vaping? .... which is fine, but unless we know then it's pretty hard to offer good advice. You can be honest.

also please tell us your aren't 12 years old, no offense intended but you sound terribly young and naive.... as we were when we first started our addictions.

He wants to start vaping because vape devices are marketed as lifestyle accessories. See @Simon G ’s posts in the thread about the sun. You can’t have it both ways. If vaping devices are marketed as cool, edgy lifestyle accessories, people who don’t smoke will want to buy them.
The other side is. One of my work mates (a young guy) when he was an apprentice used to travel about with me so I could show him the ropes so to speak. One day on a job I went to my van to get something. On the passenger seat was mod/tank set up. I thought to myself. He must have found it and put it in the van. I quizzed him about it. He said it was his and he got it because he loved the smell of my juices and the clouds etc. I felt really guilty at first influencing a non smoker to vape. But then I thought fuck it, he vaped zero nic and really enjoyed it. He didn't see it as a cool accessory, but something to try.

The other side is. One of my work mates (a young guy) when he was an apprentice used to travel about with me so I could show him the ropes so to speak. One day on a job I went to my van to get something. On the passenger seat was mod/tank set up. I thought to myself. He must have found it and put it in the van. I quizzed him about it. He said it was his and he got it because he loved the smell of my juices and the clouds etc. I felt really guilty at first influencing a non smoker to vape. But then I thought fuck it, he vaped zero nic and really enjoyed it. He didn't see it as a cool accessory, but something to try.

Aye, I get that. It’s enjoyable. And there are a lot of worse things for the health. Even if he decided to start on the 18mg. Personally I think the vaping leading to smoking argument is bullshit, smoking is really poor fun compared with vaping.

Aye, I get that. It’s enjoyable. And there are a lot of worse things for the health. Even if he decided to start on the 18mg. Personally I think the vaping leading to smoking argument is bullshit, smoking is really poor fun compared with vaping.
I can't stand smoking (anymore) , but love nic. Which has always been my problem. Vape was my get out of jail free card.
So, I can't imagine it leading to smoking. Frankly it tastes like crap and it makes you stink. Aside from the "it's going to kill you" fear. But vaping now certainly is not driving me back to cigs. Quite the opposite

My wife vapes but loves a ciggie from time to time (very infrequent I must say).

I’m the same @shnazzle , was an avid smoker, and honestly never thought I’d give up. I was actually surprised and puzzled when I did, it all happened very quickly. But yes, I love nic. Couldn’t imagine puffing zero nic, personally.

I don't see why we have to be so aggressive to someone who doesn't smoke but wants to take up vaping. Fuck it, we were all born non smokers, but one time in our life decided to put that first cigarette in our mouth and light it.
Given the chance (and the technology) I would have much preferred to have picked up a mod, with zero nic and vaped my little head off. The chances are that I wouldn't be here now, as soon as I'd become bored of it I could've just put it down and walked away without any kind of addiction.
Come on apes, I think we should encourage non smokers to become vapers, not smokers - if they feel they need to take that type of action.

Back
Top Bottom