What's new

Vaping - more addictive?!

I think it's the whole psychology that changes with vaping, personally speaking. I don't feel any more addicted to vaping than i did as a smoker. However, vaping clearly has a far more appealing factor to it, and not just down to preserving one's health or bank balance. The flexibilty that vaping offers over a packet of smokes..is what i feel fuels the 'craving' more. With cigarettes, one just takes their choice and pays their money. With vaping, there's almost no end of possibilties to develop one's vaping experience with. I could just as easily, get by with a couple mods & tanks & £30 monthly allowance of juice & coils..and leave it at that. More than sufficient to satisfy my nicotine needs...without the needless expense of buying more kit, tools, storage units, refridgeration units (to store juices & DIY ingredients), tanks by the dozens, & other consumables, even constructing a vape station in one's man cave! (Yip..it's on my wish list to do!!). If one was just switching to vaping to kick the stinkies, but maintaining one's daily nic habit...you wouldn't need all that stuff!

The fact is....vaping is fun..it's interesting, it's flexible...& offers almost unlimited ways to persue one's vaping experience..plus, as we all know...there's an inner magpie in all of us....shiny things are very appealing! :D

That said, i personally would say, i've replaced one addiction for another; but my personal habits have changed for sure. I do vape regularly, over a typical day, but i can also leave it for a few hours and not be thinking about it, unlike when i used to smoke. Since quitting the stinkies...every time i've had a meal out with my family..i could easily sit through the whole meal, and not be fussed about getting my nic hit. I never used to do that as a smoker, in fact, the need to sneak out for a crafty fag inbetween courses was the norm for me...not good, i think. I look back and think...chris on a bike....what was i like?!

Presumably, the change in habits, is probably due the higher nicotine being absorbed via vaping, which no doubt lingers for longer within my bloodstream, so I can 'afford' to go without for longer, whilst in public places.....but then...as soon as i'm back at home... the darn things are pratically glued to me cake hole...weird!

Maybe that's down to the accessibility of it, perhaps? In the past, i would think twice before 'wasting' an expensive cig unnecessarily. With vaping, i have found it to be much cheaper in the long run, even with all the added expense of buying kit & sundries....but the beauty of that is...vaping stuff last a whole lot longer than a packet of cigs! The brand i used smoke, once cost me £9.00/pack, (now £10+ today), which would last me just the one day. For the cost of 2 packs, one could get a new mod or tank..which will last far longer than the said pyros. Like i said, the whole psychology changes...one doesn't see the cost in vaping products in the same way as one would with a standard pack of cigs. It's easy to justify the expense, because that new cool looking thing one has been hanking after, will last for years, & is relatively inexpensive over the long run, and generally is whole lot more fun to play with..than a packet of fags!

I'm even beginning to see the value in making my own juice from concentrates. I don't need to, cos i'm saving enough with premades as it is. However, when i did the maths, i worked out i could make enough of my ADV to last me a whole year at a cost of .68p per 10ml. Compare that with the cost of premades, of which, I usually wait until there's a good deal on, (my fav adv provider has just done)...but even at 50% off..it still works out at £1.66/10ml......i could save myself as near as makes no difference, another quid off per 10ml! Assuming of course...that i don't fook up the recipe first!

So as stated, I don't need to..i'm quite happy as i am..but if our goverment starts ramping up taxes on vaping, after (or indeed when!) we've divorced the blerdy EU, then making my own in advance could prove to be logical. After all...who knows what might happen?

I even have a have a freezer in my garage in good nick but not currently in use. My thinking there is..i could buy a load of my fav concentrates, plus litres of VG, PG, nicotine base (from you know where, but cannot be uttered on here!), plus the scales, PET bottles, syringes..and whatever else a DIY juice maker needs to do job properly...start my own little juice factory in me man cave (after i've fecking built the bloody thing first!)..then freeze the lot to preserve it, after steeping of course. Should vaping lose it's main advantage (to me), after health benefits...then i'd be prepared for it!

Of course...should further taxation on vaping not materialise anytime soon after Brexit......well.... my logic would still be sound, but the reasoning would then be well fooked! I still wanna do it though. £45 spend on base ingredients..to make 600ml of my fav mtl adv, c'mon..why not!

But at least i won't be short of ejuice! :)2

So.....am i more addicted to vaping than as a ex smoker......nah not really! :D

Last edited:
I class vaping as more of a hobby than a addiction in my eyes a addiction is a bad habit like smoking but i must admit i do have a addiction to buying vape gear not so much hard wear but juices , wire, cotton and other things as i do have a fear of running out for which did happen to me once in the past but never again ..............

Vaping is now a hobby to me, I spend more time perfecting my builds, juice mixing, I don't use nicotine any more, in fact I don't vape all that much, I'm out all afternoon and will take my dual battery squonk, but I'll barely use it

Also vaping isn’t like smoking a fag is it? I like the occasional puff rather than lighting a fag and smoking it quickly. Smoking is indeed a bad habit while vaping an interest/hobby indeed.

For me it is excatly like a
I class vaping as more of a hobby than a addiction in my eyes a addiction is a bad habit like smoking

I wonder how many others see it this way? Vaping may not be as bad as smoking but i certainly still see it as a bad habit (i am after all inhaling various amounts of stuff i shouldn't be)

For me vaping in it's self is not a hobby, it is nicotine replacement and if i could do without it i would (which i suppose makes it an addiction lol), the building and hardware etc is a hobby, but not something i would carry on doing if i didn't need the nic.

I wouldn't say so now.

O vape when I want to vape and don't when I don't. If that makes sense

Where I was dependant on a smoke with the cravings , I enjoy vaping but can go a long time between pulls if I dont feel like it.

Certainly not more addictive for me. I used to smoke 40-50 a day... for near on 38yrs. Since starting vaping i never have the same craving as i did when smoking. sitting on a train or plane for hours does not faze me in the least. I would have been climbing the walls trying the same whilst on smokes.

No. As many have said already, the craving to have to have nicotine is gone, never to return. I like to vape, I like to mix my own juice, I like to buy stuff. I also like, that I am not perpetually stinking or looking at my pouch, wondering how long it will last before I need to buy more.

There's a real sense of freedom about vaping, personally, I'm thankful for it.

I am addicted to the hobby of vaping more than vaping itself, quite often especially in the evenings I realise that I have hardly had a vape all night and can go long periods without even thinking about it. The forum is a great place to learn more have a banter and help each other out when needed. I will never go back to the stinkies as I hated the panic if I ran out of ciggies where with vaping if I go out without my gear it doesn't bother me too much.

I think what people are talking about with regard to ecigs is being obsessed. That’s an obsession. Not an addiction (as in addiction to fags, heroin, coffee etc.)

Back
Top Bottom