What's new

VapeDroid on Fire!

thanks Simon. i just thought it strange as accidently touching the fire button and the screen lights up so its not actually off like every other mod ive got. so even though locked there is a chance of somthing shorting like above which is strange in itself if sat in a cupboard.
could a standard mod that is turned off still have issues like above.

I think it could potentially, the batteries are always connected to the board which means there's always potential. I think it would be unlikely but without a doubt it could happen, you only need a positive wire to be rubbing inside the case, get a place in the wire sleeve where it's worn through over some time and you could basically have a dead short battery before it even gets to the board.

If I'm not using a mod I never leave batteries inside but there's often 2 or 3 around the downstairs of my house with them in. If i'm leaving the house empty I try to not leave them with cells in at any time though.

Had no idea about the not really off thing with mods, that's pretty worrying. Issue for me is that I'd probably end up leaving batteries all over the house instead cos of my rubbish memory, so that would be worse with a 6 year old in the house anyway (whereas my mods and everything else are either out of his way or in use).

Great, time to start removing batteries when not around then me thinks [emoji4]

Jeez, good thing you were around to stop the house burning down! I would be definitely interested to hear what GearBest or VapeDroid have to say about that.

Had no idea about the not really off thing with mods, that's pretty worrying. Issue for me is that I'd probably end up leaving batteries all over the house instead cos of my rubbish memory, so that would be worse with a 6 year old in the house anyway (whereas my mods and everything else are either out of his way or in use).
at least with fogstar (not sure of others) you get a battery box if you buy 2 which certainly come in handy.also not easy to open if little ones get hold of them. or get a cheapo with compartments from ebay which will hold 10/20 or even more.

I leave the batteries in my MODs all the time. Damn! Do I now feel stupid reading this thread. Looking forward to getting home and rectifying this oversight.

I leave the batteries in my MODs all the time. Damn! Do I now feel stupid reading this thread. Looking forward to getting home and rectifying this oversight.
dont worry, so do i. all 23 of them.

is it true that all dna mods only go on standby after 5 clicks and cant be turned totally off.
ive only got 1 dna so not sure.

There's literally no way of "properly" turning off a mod other than removing the batteries. Otherwise there's still going to have to be current running through the circuit in order to detect the 5 clicks you'll need to do to turn it back on - it's not like any of these regulated mods have proper mechanical on/off switches right.

at least with fogstar (not sure of others) you get a battery box if you buy 2 which certainly come in handy.also not easy to open if little ones get hold of them. or get a cheapo with compartments from ebay which will hold 10/20 or even more.

Yeah I've got a few of them - always buy from Fogstar :) I'm just super forgetful and constantly losing stuff. I'm gonna think on it and come up with a couple places tonight and then keep a note on my phone tho, never realised I should take them out!

Back
Top Bottom