What's new

Vandy Vape Simple EX Strip Tease?

I saw someone post a Simple EX partially stripped down but can't find it now, anyone seen this?

I want to strip mine down to polish it to bare metal but not sure if the screen is bonded.

I saw someone post a Simple EX partially stripped down but can't find it now, anyone seen this?

I want to strip mine down to polish it to bare metal but not sure if the screen is bonded.

No, not bonded.

Give me a minute ;)

Use your nails or something like a plastic guitar plectrum to work around the screen section, the bottom has to come out first, you'll see why when it's free (tabs are inserted at the top):

IMG_20191018_191617570~2.jpg

Don't lose the buttons...

Then the middle section unclips and slides out through the bottom of the frame - easiest to push down inside where the bottle lives:

IMG_20191018_191657028~2.jpg

That'll give access to the inside of the 510, you'll have to desolder the wires here (probably easier than at the board, but up to you):

IMG_20191018_191713638~2.jpg

Then remove a pair of (t6 iirc) screws from the top of the 510 and pop it out.

Use your nails or something like a plastic guitar plectrum to work around the screen section, the bottom has to come out first, you'll see why when it's free (tabs are inserted at the top):

View attachment 202799

Don't lose the buttons...

Then the middle section unclips and slides out through the bottom of the frame - easiest to push down inside where the bottle lives:

View attachment 202800

That'll give access to the inside of the 510, you'll have to desolder the wires here (probably easier than at the board, but up to you):

View attachment 202801

Then remove a pair of (t6 iirc) screws from the top of the 510 and pop it out.
Perfect thanks mate you're a star :)

Black has worn a bit on mine so going to try a full shiny polish where I can get to.

Perfect thanks mate you're a star :)

Black has worn a bit on mine so going to try a full shiny polish where I can get to.

No worries - I took mine apart a while back because I tried a different rda that turned out to have a leaky bottom (probably my previous pic you saw in a thread about the cells in internally powered mods).

Once you've had it apart once it's dead simple to do again, so I did it again :D

Let me know how it works out shiny :57:

Manage to get it apart thanks to your help, unsoldered the 510 pin and hand sanded it ready for polishing, looks superb even hand sanded with 7000 grit wet & dry :)

Sanding was a piece of piss as the coating was thin as fuk.

Be interesting to see how it looks I think.

They only do the black chassis afaik so a shiny one will be pretty much unique.

The only bit that concerned me slightly was that (iirc) the chassis is a zinc alloy, so there's a good chance of patchiness of colouring on it if you leave it bare.

You planning on anything like a lacquer coat?

I did the same to a Billet Box and it's lasted months without needing a polish, problem with lacquering is any corrosion underneath can't be polished out, I had this problem on so Vespa parts.

I have done a little dry fit to see how it's going to look and I love it already.

So leaving it bare is the answer.

Something that used to work for me on polished ally bike parts is well buffed pledge (furniture polish).

The only bit that concerned me slightly was that (iirc) the chassis is a zinc alloy, so there's a good chance of patchiness of colouring on it if you leave it bare.
Turns out you were right, it's started to patch, came out easily with Brasso cotton but in hindsight I should have gone with your suggestion of clearcoat.

Back
Top Bottom