What's new

Vandy Vape Pulse Squonk & Mesh RDA

scott ryan

Hi All,

Looking for alittle help on my first post please.

I have set the Squonk mod, and also wicked my RDA with SS and installed the squonk pin - it is all working etc, but does seem to be a small delay from firing the button to getting anything, and does not seem to hit hard, in comparison to my SkyHook. Decent cloud production but etc, but no real throat hit! Just really smooth. Then a by-product, the RDA heats up like mad.....

I have made sure the internal link is correctly placed. I have the higher powered battery in, fully charged.

I am wondering, am i used to a higher hitting mod? or is the mod not firing hard enough? Normally vape on 60 Watts, using SS. (Im not overly technical on the build)

I have tried a new juice in it, some Jam Monster - 0.3ml, and as i am in the UK, had to add the Nicotine shot myself.

So 3 different variants, to why i perceive the VV Pulse to be not giving me enough umphhh. Have i placed enough Nic in the juice? Is there an issue with the mod? am i used to the power behind the skyhook.

This my first ever squonk, apart from the Kangertech Dripbox 160 i used for a day, and realised it leaked like a MF!, so put it in the drawer, and never took it back out!

Any help on the above would be appreciated! I got everything for my birthday from my wife, and she is asking why i am not using it after see spent a good amount of money on it all. SO, may save a marriage haha :)

If you're using mesh what ohms?
Great question, I had to trim the mesh, took about 15mill off the length, but also had to shorten the width, as the mesh provided was actually too big for the rda. Is that normal? Did check the ohms in fairness, what should I be aiming for?

Personally I use the Pulse 22 & 24 rdas as easy to build on. Single Smut coil in the 22 at around 0.3ohm on the Pulse mod.
Difficult to get mesh right due to the large area & low ohm which will get very hot & work the battery hard. There's a thread in the squonking section relating to the Mesh rda, might be worth a read. The Pulse mod is very good & compares well with my Rockmodz for performance at a quarter of the price.

Personally I use the Pulse 22 & 24 rdas as easy to build on. Single Smut coil in the 22 at around 0.3ohm on the Pulse mod.
Difficult to get mesh right due to the large area & low ohm which will get very hot & work the battery hard. There's a thread in the squonking section relating to the Mesh rda, might be worth a read. The Pulse mod is very good & compares well with my Rockmodz for performance at a quarter of the price.
Would you recommend that I put a single or dual coil build rather than the mesh for now!? As the mesh rda supports both mesh and coil!! Thanks

Sorry @scott ryan was at work. Yeah I would. Should be enough room for 3mm ID dual coils. Should be similar to the 24mm Pulse except the juice well is very shallow, but the airflow is quite high up so shouldn't leak. I'm running dual coils at 0.25ohm & no burning on the 24mm. Would suggest having your wicks laying on the deck but keep the squonk hole clear.

So, let me get this right, you’ve build an rda and haven’t any ideas of what ohms you’re at? AND your mod is getting hot :D and you’re using a mech??

Honestly, You seriously need to have a word with yourself :)

Vaping 101.....safety first....

I would guess that 9/10 battery vents/blowing the fuck up, are down to user error....I don’t want to sound harsh, but I would hate to hear that you had a battery vent or you having one blow the side of your face off....

So, let me get this right, you’ve build an rda and haven’t any ideas of what ohms you’re at? AND your mod is getting hot :D and you’re using a mech??

Honestly, You seriously need to have a word with yourself :)

Vaping 101.....safety first....

I would guess that 9/10 battery vents/blowing the fuck up, are down to user error....I don’t want to sound harsh, but I would hate to hear that you had a battery vent or you having one blow the side of your face off....
I have unscrewed the deck, put it on my coil master, and coming out at 0.21 ohms.

Please tell me that is safe.....

Back
Top Bottom