What's new

Vandy Vape Kylin M Pro

hack400

Legend
Just received the Kylin M Pro, here are a few pics and such. I had been using a Geekvape Zeus Mesh RTA, and so that will be the comparison for me. This isn't a review, it's just my ramblings in response to requests from folks to share my thoughts about the tank.

The box it comes in is pretty nice.

2021-10-01_14-23-07_147.jpeg

Once opened I do like the initial presentation of the items. The mesh coil packs are presented up front instead of being somewhere in the bottom of the box.

2021-10-01_14-57-26_151.jpeg

The usual assortment of goodies come in the box that we all expect with a Mesh RTA. Standard fare, should I say.

2021-10-01_14-58-33_023.jpeg

I really do like the Zeus Mesh RTA, great flavour, easy to build in, the only reason I wanted the Kylin M Pro was to get the larger liquid capacity of 8ml. Just me being lazy, and of course Mesh being very thirsty. So, does the Kylin M Pro weigh in at twice the size? Not really, it's wider than the Zeus, but exactly the same height.

Here's both tanks on the same mods side my side. The Kylin isn't that big at all.

2021-10-01_15-03-03_062.jpeg

So how was building on this tank? It's a Mesh tank, as far as I can tell they're pretty much all the same. The only difference between the Kylin and the Zeus is that the Kylin has a spring loaded post for the mesh. I have found opening up the mesh post (or whatever the technical term is) a little tricky on the Zeus at times. However, I would say that it was no more easy nor difficult than the Zeus to build on.

Once built it went on my Hyperion, which is what I intended it for. I think it looks great on there. Not too big, but an 8ml capacity which is what I wanted.

2021-10-01_15-39-38_879.jpeg

Performs very well for me. Unfortunately that may mean the Zeus has been relegated to other duties, and the Kylin will become my primary tank. Fortunately I have plenty of duties for it so it won't feel left out :)

It's been a week now, and I am still very impressed with this tank. Last Saturday I rebuilt it with Vandy Vape SS 316L Mesh from a spool. Been through about 150ml of juice TC mode since then.

Well, the coil is done, but the wick isn't too messy :)

2021-10-08_21-00-06_163.jpeg

Slight scarring

2021-10-08_21-13-31_773.jpeg

You can see my HMCT (Handy Mesh Cutting Template) in the picture above (the white bit of cardboard :) )

The result

2021-10-08_21-38-02_575.jpeg

Used some Labo Puff to wick, first time using that. Seems like it works quite well. Much less of the virgin cotton flavour that I get from the cotton bacon I normally use. Hopefully it beds in quicker.

After about 1/4 tank (forgot to take a pic while building). Lighting makes it look worse than it is :)

2021-10-08_23-06-09_862.jpeg

At about 8p per build I can't complain (5p for the mesh and 3p for the cotton).

Back to the tank. Been running it alongside the Wotofo Profile M (both in TC with the same VV mesh). While I do like the Profile M, the Kylin is a far better tank (at least for me). And the Zeus X mesh has stayed relegated to the bench for now.

And now I have got a bit longer in to the Labo, have to say I'm quite happy with the results. Flavour is coming through nicely.

Thanks POTV, without reading through these forums I'd still be on prebuilt mesh coils and cotton bacon.

Good stuff mate, have to say using the cardboard as a template, great idea, I'll do that myself :)

Bottom pic, I don't think you have enough cotton round the outer edges of the mesh, but if it works for you :2thumbsup:

Good stuff mate, have to say using the cardboard as a template, great idea, I'll do that myself :)

Bottom pic, I don't think you have enough cotton round the outer edges of the mesh, but if it works for you :2thumbsup:
Thanks for the tip! When I first built this tank I had more cotton right on the edges (so the cotton was higher than the mesh and a bit bulky, but not too much based on my building of the Zeus) and when put together the chimney pushed the cotton down and caused the mesh to superheat (because the cotton was separated from the mesh) and my mod went into throttle mode. Trimming right up to the mesh edges seems to stop that.

Only the second build though. Seems to be working ok, but I will keep your advice in mind. Thanks!

and when put together the chimney pushed the cotton down

Profile Unity is the same, once I've got the cotton in the wick channels and tidied up, I lightly push some of the cotton up and against the mesh outer edges, with a small screwdriver or nail scissors. Just rewicked a Unity earlier, wasn't in the mood, looked untidy but I've since caned 2 tankfuls, without any probs, the Unity can be a right fookin' pita.

once I've got the cotton in the wick channels and tidied up, I lightly push some of the cotton up and against the mesh outer edges, with a small screwdriver or nail scissors.
That sounds like a very good idea. Thanks for that tip, will do that next build and see how it goes :)

I'm getting more and more tempted by one of these. Trying to hold off for the inevitable ecigone sale though as I don't technically need one :D

I'm getting more and more tempted by one of these. Trying to hold off for the inevitable ecigone sale though as I don't technically need one :D
Me too but when i look at the stash i am thinking why do i need any more, but sometimes i am so weak.

Back
Top Bottom