What's new

Unpopular opinion regarding the Recurve rda

I dithered on the DR, had it in my basket for weeks, in the end I opted for the Drop, very occasionally my procrastination pays off, LOL.

I'll be holding back on the Drop Solo till I see its deck layout and the general feedback from here.

I was never tempted by the Recurve though, I could just tell it was never going to come close to the Entheon for me.

I dithered on the DR, had it in my basket for weeks, in the end I opted for the Drop, very occasionally my procrastination pays off, LOL.

I'll be holding back on the Drop Solo till I see its deck layout and the general feedback from here.

I was never tempted by the Recurve though, I could just tell it was never going to come close to the Entheon for me.

I’m still struggling to get good flavour from my Drop, I get much better flavour from the DR sq. not giving up on it though!

I got great results dropping the ID for the coil to 2.5mm. I use 24awg Ni80 :D

Hope this helps...

IMG_1116.JPG

Thanks, yeah using 24g flat ni80 here but 3mm id, I’ll try a 2.5mm build tomorrow. Going to keep at it, it’s a really nice rda to be fair :)

I’ve been using it a lot for my 18350 series builds on the Pulse. One of the few attys I’ve got here I can fit a mahoosive single coil in!

I think the 2.5mm ID has been working for me cos I then use less cotton, so there's less chance of blocking airflow under the coil :D

Funnily enough I've got some 24g ni80 flatwire on the way! Along with some cotton bacon prime. Not sure how it can differ much from cotton bacon v2 but I guess I'll find out. Cheers for the recommendation bud.
No worries mate.

Big difference between the two cottons. Prime is big step forward for the brand. V2 has a very distinct taste and requires a couple of tanks to break in. They've gotten rid of that with Prime. It's a much cleaner authentic taste right from the start. It's also more fluffy and therefore it wicks a bit better. But the downside to that is some people find it hard to separate into even strips. But it's definitely a big improvement over v2, especially the flavour right off the bat.

Great. Have a go with the flat wire and the Prime. The flat wire will make a difference on it's own but coupled with the prime I think you're gonna be surprised at the difference.

Not the first time I've been pleasantly surprised by this forum. I put my honest opinion forward and was replied with others opinions and advice instead of 'f*** you you're wrong'. Great bunch of people here. Potv was recommended to me by the first person I asked for advice from when I started my vaping journey. I can see why. Cheers all :)

It's not really designed to be used as an RDA. It's designed to be used as an RSA.
RSA is a new term that I haven't come across. I don't really get the difference between and RSA and RDA.

Back
Top Bottom