What's new

This is IMPORTANT... Please Read

Are some vendors managing to find a way around this, or is it just a case of PayPal not catching everyone yet? reason I ask is I bought some stuff online yesterday and used PayPal. I know my local B&M store (Vaping101) were hit by it and have started using Viva Wallet for their online store.

Are some vendors managing to find a way around this, or is it just a case of PayPal not catching everyone yet? reason I ask is I bought some stuff online yesterday and used PayPal. I know my local B&M store (Vaping101) were hit by it and have started using Viva Wallet for their online store.
That's an interesting question bud.
The very large turnover companies I order from seem to have had no issue's as yet.
Smaller vape companies haven't been as lucky.
Now this may be down to the larger companies being listed under non vape umbrella company names or the cynical part says they will turn a blind eye of the profit is sizeable. Some will point to huge Chinese companies losing PayPal but American companies are being pressured by uncle Sam to implement as many obstacles to Chinese businesses as possible.
I'm seeing more age restriction stages being implemented currently so who knows.
I'm betting most companies who've had to make a switch to another payment gateway will be reluctant to.rejoin paypal again if they drop the restrictions after the way they've been treated, especially during such difficult times.

So...it seems that the question remains: Are there other reliable services that can be used instead (Opayo, Viva Wallet, or whatever)?

So...it seems that the question remains: Are there other reliable services that can be used instead (Opayo, Viva Wallet, or whatever)?

I don't think there is much of a choice for payment methods post paypal. As far as I know, most companies switched to Viva Wallet following the Paypal withdrawal. Viva Wallet have better rates than Paypal. Many of the large vaping companies faced the same problem as the smaller ones in relation to Paypal withdrawing from their sites. Viva Wallet must have been laughing and jumping for joy. They must have turned into a billion dollar company overnight! I was just reading that in 2019 Viva Wallet was valued at 305 Million Euro, in 2021 they are doing deals worth 1.5 Billion Euro

I think there's ways around it... like @eyeball kid suggests, it may be something to do with money/the size of the company. LiQuid stopped taking it for a few weeks when this first hit, now they are back using paypal. I order from them for my bro-inlaw and it was sorted between 2 orders for him, so only a month maybe? They do have an extra 'online age verification' thing now though.

I think there's ways around it... like @eyeball kid suggests, it may be something to do with money/the size of the company. LiQuid stopped taking it for a few weeks when this first hit, now they are back using paypal. I order from them for my bro-inlaw and it was sorted between 2 orders for him, so only a month maybe? They do have an extra 'online age verification' thing now though.
There probably is a way around it

tbh tho - i dont WANT to use them anymore - they have proven themselves an untrustworthy business partner

to put it another way

F*** Paypal

Go do paypay...
Lol...it even sounds like a chinese version of paypal...lol

(To this day i still do not know if that was a typo or fer real)

Even Ebay have dumped them as well...they're now paying directly into seller's bank account..cutting out PP entirely. Although buyers can still use PP for purchases as i do atm. Not sure about their new Googlepay service though.....i don't like or trust google as well! Actually..if i'm honest..i don't like or trust ANY of these yank super tech companies.....they're all greedy! And yes..i know..i still use paypal and Ebay.....well...who else is there? Ebid? As for payment services....well i was barely aware of any others like Sage, Worldpay etc....never heard of any of them til PP started pissing about!

Back
Top Bottom