What's new

THC ELITE PRO dry hits

blacknote

Postman
Hi Guys

So a bit of a rant about this tank .

Having watched lots of YouTube videos and read few comments about THC ELITE PRO , It seems that this tank is supposed to be a very good one for MTL .

However I am having an absolute mare to wick this one .
No matter what I do , after initial 5-10 puffs i end up with almost dry hits and burnt taste .
Not to mention the flavour sucks in comparison to Brunhilde I got so accustomed to!
Things I tried so far are :

- 0.65 ohm Clapton fused and between 18-22 watts
- 1.2 ohm 27awg kanthal 14-20 watts
- all above tried on large hole shower airflow ring and 1.8 single hole one
- tried different wicking method from YouTube for this tank
- 50/50 juice only

Everything sucks and ends miserably with dry hits after a while .
I don't quite get so much positivity about this tank ?
I have attached couple of photos of the latest wicking .

I really want it to work as I like how it vapes and the airflow is good too , but I am slowly giving up on that ...

Attachments

• PXL_20220624_044315123.jpg
    PXL_20220624_044315123.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20220624_044226532.jpg
    PXL_20220624_044226532.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
I don't know the tank, but it looks like a genesis style deck. I *can* say with absolute certainty that your latest wicking doesn't have nearly enough cotton through the coil.

Yeah kind of... I thought I'd try that , because I had previously tried more cotton but felt like pushing it through holes was too tight and resulting with quicker dry hits .
I used to use similar tanks in the past and never had I had a single problem wicking them .
Not sure what am I doing wrong ?
Hopefully someone that owns one will shade some light.

Yeah kind of... I thought I'd try that , because I had previously tried more cotton but felt like pushing it through holes was too tight and resulting with quicker dry hits .
I used to use similar tanks in the past and never had I had a single problem wicking them .
Not sure what am I doing wrong ?
Hopefully someone that owns one will shade some light.

More cotton through the coil, so it gives resistance as you pull it through. Then, holding one side of the cotton beside the coil so you don't pull any through, comb out the tail on the other side of the coil, starting a few mm away from the coil, to thin it right out. Then do the same to the other side, holding down the cotton on the opposite side so you again pull none through the coil. Trim the thinned out cotton so it reaches through the holes.

You end up with thinned cotton through the holes, which will swell and stop flooding, *and* enough cotton in the coil itself.

Speedfreak's right dude.
Have a look at your build zoomed in.
Your cotton is shown dry so if there was enough cotton in there it would be bulging where it exits the coil.

The cotton should be tight.
Thread it through and if you pull on it and its that tight its likely to bend the coil then its too tight.
If there is little to no resistance when you pull it then its too loose.
I always start with it too tight then pull it side to side through the coil till the fibres loosen off.

20220624_202359.jpg

More cotton through the coil, so it gives resistance as you pull it through. Then, holding one side of the cotton beside the coil so you don't pull any through, comb out the tail on the other side of the coil, starting a few mm away from the coil, to thin it right out. Then do the same to the other side, holding down the cotton on the opposite side so you again pull none through the coil. Trim the thinned out cotton so it reaches through the holes.

You end up with thinned cotton through the holes, which will swell and stop flooding, *and* enough cotton in the coil itself.
Ok , I'll give that a go . Thanks

Speedfreak's right dude.
Have a look at your build zoomed in.
Your cotton is shown dry so if there was enough cotton in there it would be bulging where it exits the coil.

The cotton should be tight.
Thread it through and if you pull on it and its that tight its likely to bend the coil then its too tight.
If there is little to no resistance when you pull it then its too loose.
I always start with it too tight then pull it side to side through the coil till the fibres loosen off.

View attachment 279860
Cool , maybe I was trying to be a little to light with it .

Not got this tank , but familiar with that style of deck..... your choking it...don't pull the wick through the juice slot channels ...cut n rest it inside the juice slots touching and covering the bottom, but not pulled through

Not got this tank , but familiar with that style of deck..... your choking it...don't pull the wick through the juice slot channels ...cut n rest it inside the juice slots touching and covering the bottom, but not pulled through
Thanks mate , I have not done this before so I'll check it out . Sounds like a good method given my fails so far .

Back
Top Bottom