What's new

Sudden PG allergy

craggler58

Postman
I have been vaping for over 2 years and have suddenly started getting a bad reaction (pains in back and chest and rash) to pg. I normally vape 70vg/30pg and have found 80vg/20pg pretty much solves the problem. Anybody else had this issue after so long vaping? Also what is the highest practical vg level for a serpent mini or any tank for that matter?

100% VG should be perfectly vapeable, although if you need the liquid 'thinner' then maybe swap some VG for AG (Aqueous Glycerine).
The only problem I can see would be getting decent VG based flavours if you're mixing your own juice.

I have been vaping for over 2 years and have suddenly started getting a bad reaction (pains in back and chest and rash) to pg. I normally vape 70vg/30pg and have found 80vg/20pg pretty much solves the problem. Anybody else had this issue after so long vaping? Also what is the highest practical vg level for a serpent mini or any tank for that matter?

What makes you think it's a PG reaction rather than a myriad of other illnesses that present these symptoms?

Go and see your dr?

Have you also got neck pain, a fever and feel sick ?

I make AG juices, best place I've found so far is justvape247, they do VG based flavours (Kandi Hed). It's turned out really easy to mix and the liquid comes out a bit runnier than a 50/50 mix due to the distilled water in the AG (it's 20%). The juices take a couple of days to flavour properly though, I've found that you can't just shake and vape.

What makes you think it's a PG reaction rather than a myriad of other illnesses that present these symptoms?

Go and see your dr?
I agree.

PG allergy is actually pretty rare. Far more likely to be a change of flavouring our a different juice to normal.

(Even if you ate using a regular juice things can change whether it be a homebrew our ready made. Yet another thing that makes the TPD ridiculous).

I'm no Dr, but if I were having back, chest pain, coupled with a skin rash, I wouldn't be asking advice on a vaping forum, or any website.

As suggested, see a doc if worried. Particularly where chest pains are concerned.

If you're looking at vaping though, I think your reaction to 20PG would be similar to 30PG. That's not a drastic difference. If the flavours used are different, I think that's a more likely issue. Or even, if it's branded juice, a reaction to a particular nicotine used by the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom