What's new

Study: E-Cigarettes Trigger Inflammation in the Gut

"Misfit"

Veteran
https://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressrelease/study-e-cigarettes-trigger-inflammation-in-the-gut
Not sure how reliable this is ?
upload_2021-1-11_10-37-31.png

I don't understand why they've conducted a study on the effects that ecigarette vapour would have on the stomach lining.

Vapour is inhaled into the lungs not the stomach.

I read the other day that vaping, like smoking, causes blood vessels to become hard over time opening up the risk of stroke.

Nobody ever said vaping was harmless. But it is less harmful than smoking combustible tobacco. It's up to individuals to decide whether vaping should be a tool for them to quit smoking or a tool to quit nicotine.

Either way, the more information available for users to make an informed choice the better, as long as the information available is accurate and true.

IMHO.

Last edited:
Using 3D models and mice? They also haven't detailed the exact ingredients of the eliquid.

What a surprise that this 'research' comes from the us, notwithstanding the fact that e cigs are vaped via the lungs as pointed out by @StrawberryRipple, and not via the stomach. Incidentally there is a shit-load of foods which use pg and vg, both of which are ingested via the.....STOMACH, wonder if that could have something to do with it?

Sorry, I stopped reading here....

Screenshot 2021-01-11 145518.jpg

Touted by makers as a healthy alternative?

.... proven to be far less harmful than traditional cigarettes by medical experts, I presume they mean?

Back
Top Bottom