What's new

Spontaneous PG Sensitivity?

dansus

Achiever
Been vaping for a while, never had an issue with PG, few months back, got a bad chest infection and since then had trouble with a very sensitive throat. Presuming it was related to the chest infection, didnt think past that until i tried some max VG juice and i could vape again!

Since then i have made up my ADV in max VG and all seems fine. Anyone heard of experienced vapers suddenly becoming sensitive to PG?

I've personally not heard of long term vapers suddenly becoming to PG .. although I'm sure someone will chip in with something.

As an aside, you can get spontaneous sensitivity to anything that acts as an irritant ..... and PG, albeit mild, can do just that.

For context did you also get any swelling around mouth and lips (angioedema), or anaphylaxis (generally choking and passing out :18:). If not, you might have a mild reaction associated with an ongoing infection (like in your chest).

If it doesn't clear up and you're OK running high VG then you could carry on. If it's a chore then you could try de-sensitising yourself to PG by small repeated exposure i.e. run 2 mixes one pure VG (for comfort) and one with a small amount of PG. Alternatively you could try drinking a small amount (5ml) of PG that would coat your throat. If you try this and you get ANY symptoms like swelling (angioedema), hives or rashes (urticaria) or anaphylaxis (you'll know) then stop immediately and talk to a doctor.

Beyond that your into the world of supressed allergic reactions and anti-histamines, and your definitely going to have to consult a doctor if your in that space. I'd ask myself if PG was worth it if I had to talk to a doctor about it .. but that's just me :)

Not sure what to make of it all. Im due back at the hospital for the chest, see what they make of it. 12mg of pure unflavoured VG has been keeping me going, its actually not too bad with a few drops of sweetener.

Hope it clears up eventually, as i have several litres of 50/50.. Doh!

Last edited:
I used to like watching the Indoor Smokers reviews and I remember he said that he developed a reaction to PG after many years and had to switch to VG as a result....

Back
Top Bottom