What's new

Smok help please

kazphillips2000

Initiate
Right ok, something is not right and i’m On the verge of giving up. I’m using the Smok R80 micro one kit. The coil is Micro STC2 0.25 (30-60w) I’ve got it up at 60watts and still not getting a satisfactory experience. Hardly any flavour. Is it dangerous to go over the coil range? What am I doing wrong?

You are probably doing nothing wrong. Smok stock coils aren't all that.

I think possibly it’s not the right mod for me, it’s temperature controlled, which goes over my head. I just don’t understand how to set it up even going through the manual a million times

I think possibly it’s not the right mod for me, it’s temperature controlled, which goes over my head. I just don’t understand how to set it up even going through the manual a million times

According to the info I just read it should be Wattage mode or TC, not just TC.

Yes, i’ve only been using it in wattage mode, but concerned as I have it at 60 watts and feel it should be even higher, but the coil says 30-60

The coils,look to be stainless steel so can be used in temperature mode or wattage
Maybe you Burnt the coil out without knowing if you didn’t prime the coil first

If you have a spare coil prime it by putting a couple of drops drops in the wicking holes of the coil and a couple down the centre of the coil . Now make sure you are in wattage mode and start at low wattage let’s say 25 and work up the watts

It’s a new coil and well primed. I started low, and worked up. Only now at 60 watts is it starting to get some flavour. I’m concerned i’m doing something wrong as surely I shouldn’t need to be up at 60 watts

Smok quality control is not the best as other people have said looks like a faulty coil
I have had coils from aspire in the past and only 2 out of the 5 worked in the pack

It’s difficult to keep motivated when stuff doesn’t work. I really don’t want to go back to smoking. I just want a reliable setup

Back
Top Bottom