What's new

Single Coil RTA's Supporters Club

the serpent mini 22 ? the best wicking advice i have seen and used is VWV. skip to 7mins 50 seconds when he starts wicking. I have found the OBS Crius 2 a dream to wick

im looking into getting another rta, ive got the obs nano but dont like the liquid in mouth & having to have soak excess juice using cotton bud, how you finding the Crius & what call you whacking in there cheers,

I'd second the ease of wicking in the Crius II. Took me a minute or two at most. Thus far, no flooding, leaking or mopping up.

And for flavour it's on par with my SMM i.e. delicious! Licky-lick delight :)

im looking into getting another rta, ive got the obs nano but dont like the liquid in mouth & having to have soak excess juice using cotton bud, how you finding the Crius & what call you whacking in there cheers,
You shouldn't be getting liquid in your mouth with the nano ! You haven't got the wicking right. Try a 3.5mm ID clapton coil which will give you a bit more cotton to play with. I use 24/32 kanthal clapton, 3.5 ID, about 5 wraps spaced. Cut the cotton so it just tucks in the slots. Don't stuff it in solid or you'll get a dry hit. If you use the dam method (which I don't like ) be careful not to dislodge the wick when you screw the bottom on otherwise you will get flooding and liquid in your mouth.

I'd second the ease of wicking in the Crius II. Took me a minute or two at most. Thus far, no flooding, leaking or mopping up.

And for flavour it's on par with my SMM i.e. delicious! Licky-lick delight :)
I've recently bought one but don't think much to the supplied coil. Are you using something different ?

You shouldn't be getting liquid in your mouth with the nano ! You haven't got the wicking right. Try a 3.5mm ID clapton coil which will give you a bit more cotton to play with. I use 24/32 kanthal clapton, 3.5 ID, about 5 wraps spaced. Cut the cotton so it just tucks in the slots. Don't stuff it in solid or you'll get a dry hit. If you use the dam method (which I don't like ) be careful not to dislodge the wick when you screw the bottom on otherwise you will get flooding and liquid in your mouth.

i dont make my own coils mainly down to bad eye sight especialy in one eye, so been using these, https://vaping101.co.uk/products/demon-killer-48pcs-8-in-1-kanthal-prebuilt-coils

but still found liquid getting in my mouth after filling the nano, even after placing finger over driptip while filling, plus found flavour seriously lacking on the nano.

I have just used the supplied coil so far (two days!) cos I was lazy - seems OK to me. But your question definitely piques my 'ooh' button: it could be better with another coil...? In time I'll find out :)

i dont make my own coils mainly down to bad eye sight especialy in one eye, so been using these, https://vaping101.co.uk/products/demon-killer-48pcs-8-in-1-kanthal-prebuilt-coils

but still found liquid getting in my mouth after filling the nano, even after placing finger over driptip while filling, plus found flavour seriously lacking on the nano.
We all like different things I suppose. Those coils are probably 2.5mm id (I'm guessing as I haven't used them ). I've found the nano works better with big coils. I'm still going to say it's your wicking though. The nano can be tricky to get right but once you have, it's great.
The Serpent mini is another good rta but you also have to get the wicking right on that. Maybe look at some rdta's, specifically one's with the tank underneath such as the Serpent rdta ( only drawback I've found with that one is the tank is small although it's easy to fill ). The Cthulhu Gaia is excellent but a 2 coil deck.

I have just used the supplied coil so far (two days!) cos I was lazy - seems OK to me. But your question definitely piques my 'ooh' button: it could be better with another coil...? In time I'll find out :)
I think I might try a spaced clapton or brochrome coil in it.

Back
Top Bottom