What's new

Serpent Mini MTL

tomowolves

Postman
image.jpg
image.jpg
After purchasing a Mini a few weeks back hoping for a decent MTL single coiler I was abit disappointed, although you can close the airflow pretty much right off it just wasn't cutting it so after abit of searching I found some info on the FT forums so just sharing the wealth with anyone who's interested this is by no means my idea.
Basically the Smok TF-RCA deck comes with an airflow reducer which just happens to fit perfectly into the Serpent, granted all your buying is a small flanged piece of stainless for a fiver as the rest of the kit is useless...well for me it is anyway, had to lift the coil slightly to clear it as you lose maybe half a mil under the coil but it does a decent job of restricting that airy draw. Worth a fiver I must admit.

good job! :)

a nice narrow drip tip and you'll be in MTL heaven. :D

View attachment 98871
View attachment 98872
After purchasing a Mini a few weeks back hoping for a decent MTL single coiler I was abit disappointed, although you can close the airflow pretty much right off it just wasn't cutting it so after abit of searching I found some info on the FT forums so just sharing the wealth with anyone who's interested this is by no means my idea.
Basically the Smok TF-RCA deck comes with an airflow reducer which just happens to fit perfectly into the Serpent, granted all your buying is a small flanged piece of stainless for a fiver as the rest of the kit is useless...well for me it is anyway, had to lift the coil slightly to clear it as you lose maybe half a mil under the coil but it does a decent job of restricting that airy draw. Worth a fiver I must admit.
Well knock me down with a feather, I've got one of those never thought to try it, I prefer a restricted DL, which helps when I lapse to MTL...but I've also found I need another drip tip as it gets a bit too hot and that's with a standard SS. How you getting on with coiling? I've got 26g kanthal, 3mm id, spaced, about 7 wraps, comes out at 0.7 works well, I've been contemplating SS if I ever get around to buying some. It's also remembering to wrap anti clockwise as well so that the coils sits in the deck.

Genius! I've got a mini and am happy enough with MTL on it, but only just, be nice to get this reducer.
Nice tip, thanks op.

Nice little tip there. I just sold have agreed to trade mine so its a shame I won't get to try this out but looks very MTL'able.

I'm quite happy MTL mine as standard with airflow cut to practically nothing, and wick stuffed down deep into the well.
Narrow drip tip and it's more than fine.

I'm quite happy MTL mine as standard with airflow cut to practically nothing, and wick stuffed down deep into the well.
Narrow drip tip and it's more than fine.

You don't get dry hits or leaking with that? Everything I saw said to only wick to the step and in fact not to stuff it too deep so your comment made me curious.

Back
Top Bottom