What's new

Reviews and Reviewers - I need your help!

junglist

Administrator
Staff member
Morning Apes!

Been struggling to get my shit together this year. The general malaise around the vaping industry, another ASA investigation (more about that next week) and too much day-job work stuffed me up. I firstly want to thank you all for the help you have given each other and the random one-offers who have asked for help on here. Without you lot being here day in, day out there would be a good amount of people struggling with gear and potentially going back to the smokes, and for me that's the reason to still keep pushing on.

The massive amount of new devices, the shift to pods and nic salts, the glut of short fills and the price reductions - there's still so much going on in the vaping world, and there's a lot more that we could be doing to help educate people looking to take up vaping and help out those of us who have been vaping for a long time.

We still have a lot of products offered to us for review and we do knock a lot of them back now due to time. We used to have enough from ad revenue to cover the costs of a couple of reviewers but, with the advertising rules we aren't as flush as we used to be so had to knock that on the head earlier this year. What we are now looking for is for those of you who know their kit inside-out and who would like to give their opinions on new gear to lend a hand.

@joe clay @sacred @Vapin'Bolt @red5 have already either written stuff for us or offered and been accepted and would also like to see @MrTeaTime @Sam's Saucy Juice Reviews @eyeball kid @Simon G get some reviews up on the main reviews section as well so let me know if you are up for it.

The rough plan I have at the minute is I will put up a hidden "reviewers" forum which I will add you to if you want to write for us - if you have a new bit of kit or have been offered one from a vendor on the forum then list it up in there and, as long as no-one else has listed it then you'll be good to go. If we get offered stuff or think a product has the potential to be worth it we will buy it and list it in the forum so the reviewers can say if they would be up for looking at it.

The reviews would need to be submitted in Word or shared with us via Google Docs, pictures often make reviews so if you are good with a camera then it would be helpful - as well as pics for the review it would also be really helpful to have a few for the social media accounts as well but we can discuss that in the review forum if we have enough interest to proceed with it.

Today or over the weekend I will be sorting and splitting the reviews sections, renaming or removing some old categories, adding some new ones and making "Video Reviews" sub fora for each category so that the main reviews on here will be written. The ones that we publish on the front end of the site can be listed in the forum reviews as well and linked to and if anyone else wants to give their written opinion on that product then they can add it to that thread as well, more than one opinion is not a bad thing!

The only other thing that we want from reviewers is for them to be happy to share a bit of info with the readers, a bio about how long you have been vaping for, whether you smoked before hand, what sort of kit you like etc and preferably a link to your social media accounts if you have them. Again, more about that in the reviewers section when we have a few volunteers.

Cheers,

junglist

I would certainly be game for this. Sounds like an awesome opportunity. Cheers for the tag buddy

Yeah I'm up for it boss. Happy to write for the site, got plenty to write about.

I'd be up for giving this a bash @junglist - I've had an idea festering away about the kind of reviews I'd like to do for quite a while now, and it's about time I took it to fruition! I'll choose something from what I have, do a review on it over the weekend, and post it up - if yourself/occult scientist/fellow forum-ers think it's any good, then I'd be happy to do some more? I won't be reviewing new to market stuff, on the whole - I'll leave that to others - more stuff that is classic or has surprised me, and in a 'buyers guide' format.

Happy to help in anyway that helps this forum run smoothly. Use a fairly wide range of vape gear if it's any use.

I'll echo other people's sentiments, if you need a hand, you know the amount of liquids/hardware that pass through the shop so happy to put thoughts into words if it helps.

Good to see that coming together buddy. I think plenty here will jump at the chance and be excellent.
You really don't want my ham fisted nonsense on the main page bud plus I don't even use a mobile, let alone social networks lol.
The odd bits I do are best kept in the depths of POTV.
Thanks though, your a gent. Obviously I'm happy to pass on any bits kind fools see fit to send me to check out for a more "professional" once over.
It's certainly been a year.

Back
Top Bottom