What's new

Removing top of coil for rebuilding

Scott-the-Scot

Initiate
I have started rebuilding stock coils and have had trouble removing the top of the old Kangertech SSOCC coils. In all the videos the top is large enough to get a grip with pliers but the ones I have it is only 1mm high. does anyone know of a way to get these opened.

I have started rebuilding stock coils and have had trouble removing the top of the old Kangertech SSOCC coils. In all the videos the top is large enough to get a grip with pliers but the ones I have it is only 1mm high. does anyone know of a way to get these opened.
Not sure if you have a kanger sub tank as you mention the kanger coils, but have you tried getting an RBA deck for the tank, it's a lot easier to build than trying to rebuild the newer stock coils

It's my wife's aerotank plus which she loves. I have bought her a Zenith and a Nautilus 2s but she keeps going back to the aerotank. The 1.2 ohm SSOCC coils are very difficult to get hold of now so I thought I would give rebuilding a try. I recoil my own sub ohm RTAs so don't think I'll have to much trouble with the stock coils if I can just get the bloody top off. The link that StrawberryRipple posted mentions that they changed the design which made it more difficult to rebuild so she may have to accept that the aerotank has to be retired.

It's my wife's aerotank plus which she loves. I have bought her a Zenith and a Nautilus 2s but she keeps going back to the aerotank. The 1.2 ohm SSOCC coils are very difficult to get hold of now so I thought I would give rebuilding a try. I recoil my own sub ohm RTAs so don't think I'll have to much trouble with the stock coils if I can just get the bloody top off. The link that StrawberryRipple posted mentions that they changed the design which made it more difficult to rebuild so she may have to accept that the aerotank has to be retired.
The aerotank is a different coil to the sub tank one I was thinking of. I'm not aware of any rba that fits these tanks. I have rewicked the same coil on my Genitank but couldn't change the wire.
I do remember seeing a video of a lady rewicking one of these a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom