What's new

Quickly burnt coils fix

Tightening/loosening your tank shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to coil life. It will either connect and fire, or it won't.

You may have just bought a bad batch of coils recently, or changed to a bakery/desert flavour or some juice either loaded with sweeteners or using dodgy flavourings that are killing your coils.

And everything @MrDJ listed above.

Tightening/loosening your tank shouldn't make a blind bit of difference to coil life. It will either connect and fire, or it won't.

You may have just bought a bad batch of coils recently, or changed to a bakery/desert flavour or some juice either loaded with sweeteners or using dodgy flavourings that are killing your coils.

And everything @MrDJ listed above.

Just experimenting with my mech & rda
If I unscrew the atty till just before I loose the connection totally I get less power to the coil.
Not sure how a regulated device copes with a poor connection but is it not possible the coil will get less power.
Obviously if so the turning down the power would be a better solution.

I used to loosen atties in the old days, for more airflow, pre 2015, when the airflow was built into the 510 pin or some other perverted under tank airflow set up. Other than that, nope, it aint gonna help with anything, on a modern tank.

Just experimenting with my mech & rda
If I unscrew the atty till just before I loose the connection totally I get less power to the coil.
Not sure how a regulated device copes with a poor connection but is it not possible the coil will get less power.
Obviously if so the turning down the power would be a better solution.

It could be that if loosen the atty on a mech so you are barely making contact you could be raising the resistance (if you have a loose lead or 510 pin in an atty the ohm reading will change constantly on a regulated mod or a build tab - but the resistance will go higher, rather than lower) so the power will drop on a mech. However - if a regulated mod reads a higher resistance it will send more voltage to the 510 to achieve the same wattage - it is possible the coil could get less power, but I think you are more likely to fry the coil if the board is reading a higher resistance.

I think lowering the power (like you suggested) is the best option. Stripping and cleaning the tank internals to get rid of any baked on juice deposits and cleaning the 510 would probably be more effective than loosely fitting the tank.

Like @Crispycritters has said something to do with connection on tank or maybe a dodgy earth on the regulated mod. When say bodgy earth as inside MOD being dirty with old juice. Get some contact cleaner and strip mod and give it 3 good sprays on all connections and board and switch :)
Have fun and dont loose any little screws :)
Alote of problems with MODS comes down to old juice inside

Sorry, more details...
It was happening with the aegis mini and zeus. I've tried a range of coils, always prime them, leave them soak for 15 min, use them below the max power, etc. I'm now using a brand new vaporesso and zeus and burnt a coil in just a few hours yesterday.
I really don't understand why because I'm doing nothing different from when a coil would play a month!

Sorry, more details...
It was happening with the aegis mini and zeus. I've tried a range of coils, always prime them, leave them soak for 15 min, use them below the max power, etc. I'm now using a brand new vaporesso and zeus and burnt a coil in just a few hours yesterday.
I really don't understand why because I'm doing nothing different from when a coil would play a month!

Do you vape the same juice constantly, or have you started getting this problem since you bought a different bottle of juice (some bakeries/desert juices are loaded with sugars and can wipe out a coil quickly).

Do you strip and clean the tank when you change the coil, or do you just slap another coil in and vape? (built on cack inside the tank can cause problems).

When you put in a new coil - what is the claimed ohm rating of the coil - and what does the mod read it as? Is this reading stable or does it fluctuate?

what coil
what wattage
what ratio of juice
what what.
Sorry, more details...
youve still not answered what i asked above.
also when you say you start below max power, how low.
my normal vape is at 50-60w but i have coils that go upto 120w and i always start at around 25w for a good few puffs then turn up 3-5w at a time. you wont get much cloud or flavour at all at that low wattage but it is still heating up and bedding in the coil.
juice ratio we also need. if your using 80vg and adding 100vg nic shots then that could be the issue. as said, is it a fruit cereal or custard.
where are you buying your coils as every single make out there has clones and fakes for sale.
ebay and even amazon me personally i would trust.

and losening the tank to the point it wobbles is a new one on me and never heard of that before.
i have many many zeus, vaporesso, uwell and all for 7 years have been screwed fully but not overly tight onto the mod.

Update, and hopefully answer a lot of questions.
I tend to stick to dinner lady 70/30, occasionally use others but keep coming back to DL.
This week I've tried running on minimal W settings, so far so good, although at 25W,flavour is not he best

Back
Top Bottom