What's new

Poll: Vape and smoke?

Do you smoke as well as vape?

• Total voters
Due to a smoking-related health scare I very reluctantly (at the time) had to quit smoking immediately. I think I am one of the minority of people who really enjoyed smoking so I had never tried to quit in the past, but over 30 years of cigarettes had taken their toll. I went straight to vaping 0mg and found it to be far easier than I ever imagined it would be to substitute this for my beloved roll-ups, For me, nicotine, or any of the other things in cigarettes, weren't the most addictive element, it was the physical action of smoking and also the routine surrounding it. This is why I believe vaping is always going to be the most effective tool in smoking cessation because, for me, the addiction to nicotine is extremely short lived and not nearly as strong as the addiction to the routine.

I just stopped about 3 months ago, smoked the last of my GV and went 100% vape, smoked for years, but with a very asthmatic toddler with a couple of very touch and go attacks, and a wife and a dad who are doctors the pressure to stop was tremendous, it's scary how addicted to nicotine I was, I'd tried patches, gum, champix, hypnotherapy.

I went to see my Dr about it and he suggested trying to vape, and that's me, once I finished my pack I've not touched a smoke since.

Although i have voted for a yes, but since i have started vaping for around 3-4 months now, i have reduced my smoke intake considerably. And with this pace i am quite confident will be leaving it completely in a month or so.

I work with a lot of people who for the past two year's still never let go off the other branch and still vape and smoke.

I work with a lot of people who for the past two year's still never let go off the other branch and still vape and smoke.
I dualed for about 6 months, it did take quite a bit of will power, it was tough for the first few days and I was vaping like a maniac, but like I said, 3 or 4 days and I was fine, still am and won't go back to cigs.

Saying that, my wife failed and went back to cigs [emoji23]

I think finding the right set up is the biggest thing for people. Most one i've spoke to have gone back to smoking because there tank was poor or they couldn't get decent coils that didn't burn out after a few days

I voted yes, but have been vaping only 3 weeks, and smoking for 20 years.
In the 3 weeks since I have started Vaping, I have had 3 roll ups.
This is something I aim to completely eradicate, and I feel confident that vaping will enable me to do so.
To go from a 10-15 a day habit to 3 roll ups in 3 weeks is pretty impressive for me, given the length and extent of my habit.

To follow on from what I said earlier, I tried a roll up for the first time in a couple of weeks yesterday.
It Stank and made me feel sick.
Can safely say I will not be doing that again in a hurry.
It's astonishing how quickly your senses of smell and taste improve when you pack in the cigs.

Back
Top Bottom