What's new

Ops, what a bellend, of all the Mods I had to drop this one

Not nice at all. Never dropped a mod but I do keep them all in a nice rubber coat. Good luck with the repair.

Unfortunately i don't have the tools and work conditions to tackle this. A quick decent fix wold be glued with something like T-7000 glue, decently strong but still removable if required. Get small tube as is cheap and test, glue 2 metalic parts , let cure for at least 12h and see if suitable.
No problem, thanks for the info on the glue though, good to know if all else fails I have a fall back option, I was dubious about using glue as I was thinking it would be a permanent fix and would never be able to get it off again. Appreciated, Thanks again. :2thumbsup:

You may be able to repair with 1.6mm.

1.4mm and 1.6 are 0.2mm pitch.

Would be best to clean up the hole with 1.4mm drill then tap out with 1.6mm bottoming tap.

Wasn't sure if it could be done with a thread repair kit but can't see any below 2.5mm

Good luck it's a bummer if you can't repair something.
Drives me bonkers.

You may be able to repair with 1.6mm.

1.4mm and 1.6 are 0.2mm pitch.

Would be best to clean up the hole with 1.4mm drill then tap out with 1.6mm bottoming tap.

Wasn't sure if it could be done with a thread repair kit but can't see any below 2.5mm

Good luck it's a bummer if you can't repair something.
Drives me bonkers.

Cheers mate, that was exactly what I'd been looking at, and no there are no thread repair inserts small enough, so will have to ease the holes out and re-tap.

Cheers mate, that was exactly what I'd been looking at, and no there are no thread repair inserts small enough, so will have to ease the holes out and re-tap.
I don't think I have a 1.6mm x0. 2mm tap but I have a1. 4mm drill bit you can have if you need it.

The std size pitch for 1.6mm is1. 35.
1.6x0.2 is fine pitch but you should be able to buy one.

Pm me your details if you need the drill bit

No problem, thanks for the info on the glue though, good to know if all else fails I have a fall back option, I was dubious about using glue as I was thinking it would be a permanent fix and would never be able to get it off again. Appreciated, Thanks again. :2thumbsup:
Definetly get some and try, b7000 is clear with a greenish hue, t7000 is black. It hardens but still remains somewhat flexible and ca be peeled clean of surfaces

Pm me your details if you need the drill bit
Definetly get some and try, b7000 is clear with a greenish hue, t7000 is black. It hardens but still remains somewhat flexible and ca be peeled clean of surfaces

Thanks to you both, I will see what Lost Vape come back with first and then decide where I go from there, I really do appreciate your time to help me out. cheers.

Spotted them on NewVaping for £74 yesterday with their April code if you end up wanting to replace it, bit of a bargain.

@KytanDale, just another quick question, I'm sure you'll know the answer. Is the DNA250c board the same footprint as the DNA75c. I ask as I have a Grus which I've seen can be re-fitted with a DNA75c. As I never vape above 80W it could be another option for me, I'll then replace the Thelma with a shinny new one.:sinister:

Back
Top Bottom