What's new

One shot confusion?

Now correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that "one-shot" always referred to a complex flavour concentrate that was a combination of flavours, premixed so that the end-user simply had to add one shot of flavour concentrate to their DIY mix rather than having to add lots of differing percentages of different flavours to their mix. You add your flavour in one shot.

Whereas the TPD or TRPR has limited bottle sizes for liquids containing nicotine, so the vendors have come up with various methods for selling large bottles of zero nicotine juice to which you add your "nic-shot".
Well speedfreek67, I think in a way we agree with each other ;-))
Its now a case of make sure exactly what it is you are buying.

We call our concentrate range "one shots" because the concentrates have been pre-mixed and therefore the user does not need to follow a recipe to mix their juice, they simply add the concentrate to their base mixture as "one shot". :D

We are also on the cusp of releasing a new range of 0mg liquids. these come as 50ml of over-flavoured liquid in a 60ml bottle. The user may wish to add 10ml of an appropriate pg/vg based solution to bring the flavour down to a standard level (amongst other reasons) ;)

We call our concentrate range "one shots" because the concentrates have been pre-mixed and therefore the user does not need to follow a recipe to mix their juice, they simply add the concentrate to their base mixture as "one shot". :D

We are also on the cusp of releasing a new range of 0mg liquids. these come as 50ml of over-flavoured liquid in a 60ml bottle. The user may wish to add 10ml of an appropriate pg/vg based solution to bring the flavour down to a standard level (amongst other reasons) ;)
Most of our one-shots are designed to be mixed at 20-25% which means that with 30ml you'll be able to produce 120-150ml of juice.

Citrus Punch and Tropical Storm are best at 15-20% though, meaning the yield will be 150-200ml.

I would recommend using a decent mixing calculator to get you started, like this one.
Tropical storm is fantastic one of my favourite one shots

Cotswold vaper has described the "one shot" exactly as I have researched and come to understand it and several other flavour producers the same. As said I am new to making my own and the only other "shot" came across so far is in newzeland where it is a nicotine shot that is smuggled in as its banned in there eliquids apparently?.

I've had two types of one shot
The regular kind where it's xxml to mix at x% and the bottle size is the amount of concentrate
Then there is the bottle shot
Generally comes as 100,250,500ml bottle with a little concentrate at the bottom where the ml is the final result
I prefer the bottle shots as it saves some cleaning but that's me
Exactly right. A "oneshot" concentrate is NOT a bottle shot.
The oneshot is usually a mixture of flavourings that is added to pg, vg and nicotine (if required ) at a certain percentage. Most producer's /vendor's print a percentage range on the bottle but some put a recommended rate on their website.

As @Cotswold Vapour has said. For instance, I mix his Strawberry Delight at 25% so a 30ml oneshot bottle makes me 120ml of juice.

whatecigarette.co.uk/e-liquid-calculator/ hope I'm allowed to post the link but I find this really helpful and easy to understand.

Exactly right. A "oneshot" concentrate is NOT a bottle shot.
The oneshot is usually a mixture of flavourings that is added to pg, vg and nicotine (if required ) at a certain percentage. Most producer's /vendor's print a percentage range on the bottle but some put a recommended rate on their website.

As @Cotswold Vapour has said. For instance, I mix his Strawberry Delight at 25% so a 30ml oneshot bottle makes me 120ml of juice.

That just reinforces my point that it is becoming confusing what the different names indicate, especially as different vendors have varying explanations.
Now "bottle shots" have come into the conversation, not heard that before.
So we now have "bottle shots" "one shots" "nic shots" and "concentrates"

That just reinforces my point that it is becoming confusing what the different names indicate, especially as different vendors have varying explanations.
I suppose it can be confusing to new mixers. Personally, I don't use bottle shots as I think they're expensive and why would I as I've been mixing for ages. With a stash of 72 nic in the freezer I don't need to bother with nic shot's either.
I either mix my own recipes or use ones found online or use oneshots produced by Cotswold Vapour, Darkstar or Isle of Flavours.

If no information is available for a one shot concentrate I'll mix at 15% and adjust to taste.

In my experience:

Concentrate:
A mix of flavour compounds diluted in PG (or less commonly, VG) designed to replicate a specific flavour. Traditionally used in food applications, and more recently as an e-liquid ingredient. As they are usually only representative of one particular flavour (eg. strawberry, coconut etc.) they are usually very one dimensional and not hugely satisfying to vape until blended with other concentrates. Most DIY and commercial e-liquids are created using a carefully blended mix of multiple concentrates (a recipe).

Examples: The Perfumers Apprentice, Capella, Inawera

One Shot:
Pre-blended flavour concentrates which allow the user to mix their own liquids without the painstaking process of developing a recipe. More expensive than single concentrates due to the time and cost incurred to the producer, but still more cost-effective than buying pre-made liquids.

Examples: BLND, South Coast Vapes, Chuff Stuff

Bottle Shot:
A (usually large) bottle, with the correct amount of 'one-shot' in and nothing else. The user adds diluents (PG/VG) & nicotine to fill the remainder of the bottle and ends up with a large amount of liquid.

Examples: Darkstar, Flavour Boss

Nic Shot/Nicotine Shot:
A TPD compliant, unflavoured 18mg (usually) e-liquid in a 10ml bottle. Often used to add nicotine to otherwise nicotine-free products. Also used as a term for 0mg liquids designed to be topped up with a nicotine shot.

Examples: Darkstar, Nom Nomz

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom