What's new

One device for both DTL and MTL?

chrishell76

Postman
Not been keeping up to date with new products. I currently have a Vandy Vape Pulse V2 with various RDA’s and a Dotmod SE/Dotshell for MTL. My Dotmod has developed a fault and is burning any type of coil I put in, so think the chip that regulates power has broken. As much as RDA’s have been fun I find them hit and miss depending what type of coil used, as well as positioning and wicking and the hassle of changing coils. So I’m looking to ideally replace both of these with one device and go back to stock coils. Is there anything out there, preferably pod style as needs to be compact enough for out and about?

Nautilus Prime X is a great little AIO device with lots of coil options.

Personally, I'd recommend any of the new voopoo stuff. I'm using the Drag max. Can get mtl pods and dtl pods. There's also an rta pod. Pnp coils available for mtl, dtl and rdtl. Mod is dual 18650 and you can buy a 510 adapter so you can do away with the pods if you want and use anything up top with a 510. Really covers every base.

Nautilus Prime X is a great little AIO device with lots of coil options.
That’s funny, just watched Mike Vapes reviewing it. Looks like there are a multitude of options, including RBA’s/RDTA’s if I so wish to build my own still. Also looked at the Abys, but unsure if that’s aimed at just MTL, as not done much research on that one yet. But yet the Prime X does look like a solid contender to do pretty much everything.

Personally, I'd recommend any of the new voopoo stuff. I'm using the Drag max. Can get mtl pods and dtl pods. There's also an rta pod. Pnp coils available for mtl, dtl and rdtl. Mod is dual 18650 and you can buy a 510 adapter so you can do away with the pods if you want and use anything up top with a 510. Really covers every base.
Hows it for leaking? Probably same question applies to the Prime X? It does seem like a lot of new pod devices are coming out as truly AIO now which can only be good.

Innokin Kroma-Z, the screw-on coil attachment is transformative. The air flow slider has great range too.

3000mah and super comfortable. Thoroughly recommended.

The Vandy Vape Jackaroo Pod Kit is an excellent choice too.

May the universe bless you with all it's goodness my friend. Blessings.

Last edited:
That’s funny, just watched Mike Vapes reviewing it. Looks like there are a multitude of options, including RBA’s/RDTA’s if I so wish to build my own still. Also looked at the Abys, but unsure if that’s aimed at just MTL, as not done much research on that one yet. But yet the Prime X does look like a solid contender to do pretty much everything.

The Prime X is great for out and about. Quite light weight even with an 18650 in it. Don't really get leaks, just the usual bit of condensation build up you get with any pod.

Hows it for leaking? Probably same question applies to the Prime X? It does seem like a lot of new pod devices are coming out as truly AIO now which can only be good.
I've got them both. Neither has leaked a drop.

DSC_0068.JPG

U r searching for the holy grail.

The fireluke 22 has .25 coils all the way up to 1.5 i think?

Vaporessos gtx line is superb from the .6 coils and higher, but i cant recommend the dtl coils

Im still not clear if the mtl coils fit in the wotofo manik but if they do, the vaporesso and voopoo mtl coils, and the manik dtl coils would maybe work.

I have a luxe pm40 which is friggin qmazing with the mtl coils, it doesnt have a dtl option, but its so small its kinda like carrying a zippo in your pocket.

Voopoo has definitely put the most work into designing something that would do both well, but i would suggest getting the drag x plus, and then the podtanks that come with a 510. That would give u the most flexibility if u dont mind an external battery

They px80 is what i would probably recommend in the end. Its small, its cool, it takes all the pnp,gtx,manic coils.
Its a proper mod, small, cheap and looks real nice. U will need an external battery.

I would get the mod only version and then a few pods. U unly have one drip tip option, unlike on voopoos stuff, but voopoos stuff only fits voopoo coils, the vaporesso and the manik can use qll three brands

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom