What's new

O-Rings.

Astral

Achiever
Hi guys, I need a little advice on buying atty O-rings if if may.

I've noticed a few of mine perishing quite recently and need to know if I should by buy replacements the same size as the ressess they sit in, or to buy undersize ones because they stretch and squish?

I thought about buying an O-Ring kit to save myself the bother but Fasttect have discontinued the ones I would need so I will have to assemble my own.

Another question I have regards the materials of the O-Rings I should buy. Silicone and Nitrile seem to be the most common, but others seem available too. I have no idea of the pros and con of them all, and would be happy to hear your thoughts and experiences on them all.

Beat wishes and thank you kindly to anyone that can help.

Hi guys, I need a little advice on buying atty O-rings if if may.

I've noticed a few of mine perishing quite recently and need to know if I should by buy replacements the same size as the ressess they sit in, or to buy undersize ones because they stretch and squish?

I thought about buying an O-Ring kit to save myself the bother but Fasttect have discontinued the ones I would need so I will have to assemble my own.

Another question I have regards the materials of the O-Rings I should buy. Silicone and Nitrile seem to be the most common, but others seem available too. I have no idea of the pros and con of them all, and would be happy to hear your thoughts and experiences on them all.

Beat wishes and thank you kindly to anyone that can help.
I would email the manufacturer and ask for the o-ring sizes they used on the atomisers in question. Then you can buy the corrects sizes in packs and have more spares to hand. Either Silicone or Nitrile are fine, Nitrile is a little more expensive because it's harder wearing and more temperature resistant. :)

Got bunch of orings for my Cthulhu 1928 rda. Measured non-used (new) ones from the spare bag. Fits perfectly. However the ones for Pandora for dg109 did not fit perfectly for some reason. Maybe lube is needed or have some strange mid dimension. As Astral said, silicone and nitrile are the best.

I would email the manufacturer and ask for the o-ring sizes they used on the atomisers in question. Then you can buy the corrects sizes in packs and have more spares to hand. Either Silicone or Nitrile are fine, Nitrile is a little more expensive because it's harder wearing and more temperature resistant. :)

One of the tanks inquestion is the Nevermore @MTLMike, I've got less chance of hearing from them than winnng the lottery.

I'm fairly confindent about the sizes afer measuring the tanks carfully with a vernier gauge, it's just the stretch I'm curious about.

One of the tanks inquestion is the Nevermore @MTLMike, I've got less chance of hearing from them than winnng the lottery.

I'm fairly confindent about the sizes afer measuring the tanks carfully with a vernier gauge, it's just the stretch I'm curious about.
Very true, I've heard nothing good about communication with Unicorn Vapes. I'd say order a couple in both and whichever one gives you the best fit is the one you stock up on. :)

The other tank I'm a bit disappointed in is sadly the Expromizer V1.4. It's only three months old and the seals are alrealy shredding like shredded wheat. I expected better from Exvape. The rubbers they've used are really poor quality.

The other tank I'm a bit disappointed in is sadly the Expromizer V1.4. It's only three months old and the seals are alrealy shredding like shredded wheat. I expected better from Exvape. The rubbers they've used are really poor quality.
Maybe look into Viton too, used a lot in machinery because it can take more of a battering, more expensive sadly but you can still get a good deal on multipacks if you shop around. :)

There's a trade off for against Silicone, Nitrile & Viton O-rings, Viton & Nitrile are harder materials compared to Silicon so they are more robust and less susceptible to wear and tare (Viton I believe is the hardest of all three), but being harder has its downfalls, where O-rings are used on top caps or AF control rings Viton & Nitrile will give a much tighter fit and a lot more bite/grip. Silicone being a softer material will provide a better seal as it will form/shape better against each mating surface, but being softer its more susceptible to wear and tare. All three materials are suitable for temperature and suitable for PG/VG.

If it was me, and I was 100% certain on the size needed, I'd go for the cheaper, softer Silicone and buy plenty of spares to replace whenever needed.

Edit: I've bought O-rings from here before and have most sizes and materials (hint if you want Silicone, enter it in the search, for some reason they're not listed in the menu's.

https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/

Last edited:
Oh well, after a couple of weeks procrasting I finally faced up to the inevitable and searched out my now O-Rings. I've broken four in the last week so it's become increasingly urgent.

In the end I got so fed up with lookingt I just ordered a packet of Silicone O-rings in every size just to be on the safe side. 20 separete orders in total, but fortunately only £8.50 in the end from Aliexpress, they even took PayPal which made it a little easier.

I've just got to wait six weeks for them to come now. Hopefully they'll be okay. It would've cost a fortune to buy them all in the Uk.

I've also got to hope none of the O-Rings I need are in 0.5mmm intermediiate sizes as i omminted them completely and took a chance on them being whole numbers only. Otherwise I should be covered.

There is actually a specific kit for the Expromizer V1.4, but it only seems available on the continent and cost of shipping is often £18+, if they'll ship it here at all. Work that one out.

Last edited:
I have been lucky really as i haven't had to change an o-ring, don't know if it's luck or me swapping and changing Tanks every 2 minutes. Hope you get sorted @Astral as i imagine it been a real pain when you don't have a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom