What's new

New to vaping one issue.

playzen

Initiate
Hi all I'm new both to vaping and the forum so please go easy. I have recently started vaping instead of smoking and it is all going well accept one issue.
I use a Aspire K2 with KIK 20mg because i was quite a heavy smoker. However a family member in the house seems to be allergic to KIK 2nd hand smoke somehow! It makes them cough and struggle to breath within minutes of me using it near them.

Is there anything known about KIK liquid that can cause allergic reactions? It is not doing anything to me. I even got my sense of taste back.

I am going to try Blu and replace the coil to get rid of the KIK liquid and see if the different brand of liquid helps.

If anyone can help with any information or brands of liquid that are really safe or why it could be affecting my family member so bad if it is used near them with KIK liquid that would be great.

Thanks,
Playzen.

Hi all I'm new both to vaping and the forum so please go easy. I have recently started vaping instead of smoking and it is all going well accept one issue.
I use a Aspire K2 with KIK 20mg because i was quite a heavy smoker. However a family member in the house seems to be allergic to KIK 2nd hand smoke somehow! It makes them cough and struggle to breath within minutes of me using it near them.

Is there anything known about KIK liquid that can cause allergic reactions? It is not doing anything to me. I even got my sense of taste back.

I am going to try Blu and replace the coil to get rid of the KIK liquid and see if the different brand of liquid helps.

If anyone can help with any information or brands of liquid that are really safe or why it could be affecting my family member so bad if it is used near them with KIK liquid that would be great.

Thanks,
Playzen.
Could be the PG in the liquid? So it called actually be any liquid with PG in it. Have you used any other liquids around them? Would be my guess anyway. Sure some1 else will be able to help more.

have child proof safety caps for your peace of mind.

(Some of our liquids may contain traces of nuts.)

Use this e-liquid with the KiK Vape01, KiK Vape02 & KiK Vape03 for the best possible vaping experience.

Also a long shot but people can react very bad to nuts

No only got KIK I can get Blu E liquid from a local store and give that a try.
What is PG? as i said i am new to vaping.

No only got KIK I can get Blu E liquid from a local store and give that a try.
What is PG? as i said i am new to vaping.

E-Juice usually consists of 4 ingredients - Vegetable Glycerine (VG), Propylene Glycol (PG), Flavouring, and ofc nicotine. Occasionally someone can be allergic to one of these, and most often its the PG. If this is the case you'll have to vape juice that contains as little PG as possible. Or don't vape near them.

If the allergy is to PG, then you would need to buy a juice that is a higher percentage VG, and lower percentage in PG. Use @MrDJ 's link for reputable suppliers, and they will all give the amount of PG & VG in each juice.

However, depending on the severity of their allergy, you may find that they can't tollerate ANY PG. Your tank will not work with 100% VG juice.

Looks like you're vaping outside all winter :(

Of course, it may not be an allergy to PG. You could just try an entirely different juice and see how they react.

100% PG? Ouch! Take a wander through that list which @MrDJ curates, bound to be better juices than the ones you've tried from Kik (who I suspect import from China? I could be wrong ...).

If the allergy is to PG, then you would need to buy a juice that is a higher percentage VG, and lower percentage in PG. Use @MrDJ 's link for reputable suppliers, and they will all give the amount of PG & VG in each juice.

However, depending on the severity of their allergy, you may find that they can't tollerate ANY PG. Your tank will not work with 100% VG juice.

Looks like you're vaping outside all winter :(

There is a way around this, but its not ideal and even less so for a newcomer to vaping :( You can DIY using AG in place of PG/VG mix, it's also possible to get nic and flavourings that are VG based (but ofc this will limit what flavours you can use). This will give you a PG free juice that's far thinner than 100% VG. Sadly the water in the AG isn't as great as PG for throat hit or for carrying flavour :(

Back
Top Bottom