What's new

My vape mod was just about to expload

Personally I don't use USB to charge removable batteries, and I only ever use 1 Amp whether it's removables or built-ins.
Yeah, I charge via usb at lower rate amps. Takes 2, I use 1, takes 1 and I use .75.

I have to assume they mean don't use a mod to charge batteries that can be removed. Have to admit, I used to be guilty of doing it until I bought an external charger

I do it all the time, but only use mods with single batteries.

Always use external battery mods. That way you can charge the batteries safely on a proper charger cause USB charging isn’t always safe.
ECC402CB-6E17-4435-87D4-852352E452D8.gif

What do you mean, it isn’t always safe?

The xtar charger I have plugs in to a usb port. Is that safe?

USBs on mods are more likely to wear out with constant plugging and unplugging to charge them up and that can cause problems later on. If the USB is on a battery charger then it won’t wear out as fast cause you’re not plugging and unplugging as often. Plus the USBs on mods tend to be fragile so I only use them for emergency charging or firmware updates.

As for built in battery mods just handle them with care.

The advice from experienced vapers is pretty clear isn't it?
If your mod has removable cells always use a quality external charger. You should have married cells for your multicell device(s), carry spares in plastic cases to swap in when needed.

The better chipsets like YiHi and Evolv have balanced charging onboard, yet still experienced vapers will not charge them via the USB. I view the USB connection for firmware updates only.

I charge mods with usb in the same way as millions of people charge phones and other appliances. I’ve never had a problem doing this. Never broken or worn out a usb port. I only use single battery devices, mind, and ones with internal batteries.

I used to charge my wismec rolos and my drones through USB. I was always led to believe it was OK as it was a DNA board.
WRONG!
I had a few go pop when inserting the USB. I only use an external charger now for single or dual battery mods as I truly believe it is the best way for everything

Back
Top Bottom