What's new

Is there a higher Ohm coil for the Baby Beast tank?

There is actually a stock coil that fits the beast that is meant for mtl vaping but confusingly it's 0.25ohms and runs at 25-30w.
The joytech procore cs-1 coils will give you a similar restricted vape that you experienced but due to the size and construction still need 25w minimum to fire them up.

No it doesn't, that's exactly backwards (except for 24g being thicker than 28g, that's correct)...

A 5 turn 3mm 28g coil (6/5=1.2ohms) will have higher ohms than a 5 turn 3mm 24g coil (6/5=0.53ohms) (both Ka).

More metal = lower ohms = less resistance.

Edit: more metal achieved by more wraps means higher "ohms", but more metal achieved by thicker wire (but same wraps) means lower "ohms".
Got it back to front by all accounts.
Its the sub and plus bit reversed.
I like the Drainpipe Analogy:

If I double the diameter of my drainpipe the water will go through twice as easily because the volume over a given length has increased by a factor of 4 but the area (of resisting material) has only increased by 2.

If on the other hand I double the length of the drainpie I'm subjecting the flow to the same amount of resistance per metre as I was before but I'm subjecting it to that resistance for a longer period.

Bottom line; thicker = less resistance, longer = more resistance. For coil building purposes, thicker AND longer = same resistance but more surface.

air
You'll need to bare in mind the rba deck for the bb will be small so will need small coils.
I'd suggest 7 wraps of ss 28g paired will come out @0.44ohms ish.
airflow control means a open mtl type affair could be possible
7w no but with the right driptip 20wplus might work

tbh save urself the time goto fasttech and buy a clone dvarw or doggie style

welcome to mtl heaven

Just checking in to say I got a Zenith this week and it is fitting the bill just fine (bought it before I saw your suggestions @dahut).

Will try my BB RBA in due course but will live with the Zenith for a while first.

Many thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom