What's new

How do you adjust ohms on a smok mag ??

Blimey - you seem in about as good a mood as me today! :P

I'm slightly gobsmacked by this thread. I can make no sense of why Smok would do this, but the fact remains that a HUGE number of vapers will have bought a Smok mod and I'm amazed this hasn't come up more often. :11:
This has popped up a few times, especially when the alien arrived.
It's the most ridiculous option.

Blimey - you seem in about as good a mood as me today! [emoji14]

I'm slightly gobsmacked by this thread. I can make no sense of why Smok would do this, but the fact remains that a HUGE number of vapers will have bought a Smok mod and I'm amazed this hasn't come up more often. :11:
I'm fine. [emoji16]
Angry with stupidity that's all.

I know what the mod is. You quoted my post. If it's a tongue in cheek comment add an emoji. A line of text potrays no emotion. If you have a problem with my post say so & I'll leave this convo.

No problem.

lol. The "stupidity" was aimed at manufacturers who include a potentially dangerous feature.

Okay, so I know it's stupid (except in TC mode where you know your builds room temperature resistance, had to take the just used and warm atty off or change the batteries for some reason, and when you reregister the resistance it takes the warm resistance as the base setting, so you need to change the resistance manually), but how is it dangerous?

Okay, so I know it's stupid (except in TC mode where you know your builds room temperature resistance, had to take the just used and warm atty off or change the batteries for some reason, and when you reregister the resistance it takes the warm resistance as the base setting, so you need to change the resistance manually), but how is it dangerous?

I can see how the concept of adjusting ohms is dangerous. But in reality the adjustment range on a Smok mod is so small I reckon it'll make little difference. As said it is a gimmick, a bit like Smok's stupid splash screens when you put in new batteries or boot it up or their even more pointless Puff Metre.

I don't know if it's dangerous or not but the board relies on the resistance to make the correct calculations for what it's supplying to the atty. I don't know how 'intelligent' the board is but I can't imagine changing those numbers from what they actually are is a good thing. If you telling the mod one of those numbers isn't what it is, then the answer to those calculations are wrong. If it relies on that answer to provide a power that isn't over it's safe limits then I'm guessing it could be dangerous?

... like say you can't get the full 100w from a mod because of the voltage limit with the resistance you have, and you tell it the resistance is lower than it is, can you trick the mod in to supplying more voltage to get your 100w? ... or at least trick it into trying to supply it, would it know or not if you are giving it the wrong information to work safely?

Most Smok users are using stock coils, stated ohm is rarely what your mod reports. You're adjusting a reported ohm to a stated ohm, how do you know how close your going towards/over max amp load for your cells. Yes the mod "should" prevent over use but whatever safety % you had could be gone.
If swapping batteries/taking off & putting back on an attie, how difficult is it to wait a couple of mins to allow the coil to settle back to room temp. Blowing down the drip tip will cool it.
I use various mods, mech, regulated & TC (DNA & others). There has never been a reason to alter resistance because if it's not what I expected then I start again & find out why.
Given the amount of posts of Smok mods failing would you risk it.

Back
Top Bottom