What's new

help! im sucking on a penny

$vapes

hi all, have searched these forums for answers but cant seem to find one, there's to much out there lol.

im using a peerless rda special edition and my current coil is 7 wraps of kanthal a1 7/8 wraps 0.56 ohms (not sure if thats relevent lol)

so..my question is, is it normal for your coil to give off a metal taste to start off with? when i brought a coilmaster kit 2 months back i used their kenthal a1 wire that was in the kit and never experienced this before, since then i brought a bunch of wire from the crazy wire company and made my 1st fused clapton coil yesterday and just gave off a metalic taste so rewicked did not change anything, so i got rid and made a basic coil 7 wraps of kanthal a1 7/8 wraps 0.56 ohms still getting the taste :(, i give the wire a wipe down and removed some dirt/machine oil off and washed it before coiling it,

so is it just because it fresh and have to break it in abit? like i said never had this problem with the wire included in the coil master kit.

Who knows what's on the wire but if you dry burn it before wicking it it will remove any impurities.
I pull wires when I'm winding coils and know whatever's on my fingers including skin attaches to the coil and it can taste nasty if not burned off.
Hope this helps.

thanks for the help and suggestions, the taste has gone now cant taste it now so maybe i didnt dry burn it enough, even though i did pulse quite a few times till it glowed orange, time will tell on my next coil otherwise ill try stealthvape, they go out of stock so quick though :( must be a good sign. but just wondering though is it possible it was just my taste buds adjusting to a different brand of kenthal? or is that just a silly queston lol :18:

thanks for the help and suggestions, the taste has gone now cant taste it now so maybe i didnt dry burn it enough, even though i did pulse quite a few times till it glowed orange, time will tell on my next coil otherwise ill try stealthvape, they go out of stock so quick though :( must be a good sign. but just wondering though is it possible it was just my taste buds adjusting to a different brand of kenthal? or is that just a silly queston lol :18:

That would be my guess. I've used maybe a dozen different brands in the past and never experienced this so it can't be that common.

Your taste buds may be overly sensitive to the taste of metal.

Kitchen towel and isopropyl alcohol to clean the wire before coiling. Can be alarming the sh*t that comes off.
Then, as most have said, a quick dry burn, clean off any remaining gunk, remove any hot spots and get an accurate resistance reading.

Back
Top Bottom