What's new

Have your say - Creating a smokefree generation

hack400

Olympian
A chance to give your opinion on the government consultation for a smokefree generation and tackling youth vaping.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...mokefree-generation-and-tackling-youth-vaping

There is a Respond Online link halfway down the page which takes you to the feedback survey. It covers smoking, vaping, flavours, disposables, what should be banned out of those and what enforcement should be in place.

Took me about 10 minutes or so to complete.

Have your say and tell the government what you want to happen before they take vaping away from us.

admins, can this post be highlighted and put so all the members will see it? because this will affect everyone who vapes if not now but in the future if the ban movement gains ground and the black market gets a hold it will be a car crash for the industry

Hello apes. I just completed this, a late night .gov extravaganza !
I disagreed with a lot of the marketing proposal stuff but agreed with a few parts.
It's not too bad but it does get around to the dreaded "tax" word...

...are we the future cash cow ?

Blessings one and all.

done.

Started at 2/15am, just finished. Fok, my eyes feel gritty.

Did any one else notice that under the 'flavour' restrictions question you were asked if 1. Tobacco. 2. Tobacco, mint and menthol. or 3. Tobacco, mint, menthol and fruits should be the only flavours available.... Nowhere in this questionnaire are you given the option to select NO flavour restrictions.

The cynic in me can't help noticing that this survey can be used to show that everyone who took part agreed that some flavour restrictions should be introduced.

i did leave a comment at the end highlighting this 'oversight'

Did any one else notice that under the 'flavour' restrictions question you were asked if 1. Tobacco. 2. Tobacco, mint and menthol. or 3. Tobacco, mint, menthol and fruits should be the only flavours available.... Nowhere in this questionnaire are you given the option to select NO flavour restrictions.

The cynic in me can't help noticing that this survey can be used to show that everyone who took part agreed that some flavour restrictions should be introduced.

i did leave a comment at the end highlighting this 'oversight'

Yes, I thought the same, and did not select any of the answers and then left comments in the box stating that.

Here's the question, which is worded really badly. Reading it it sounds like they are asking which flavours children and young people should be restricted to, which I also pointed out.

upload_2023-10-13_7-54-6.png

Done it, seen worse tbh, but vapers can expect to be hammered by new taxes :hmm: The artisan e-liquid liquid industry will surely be annihilated badly affected if flavours are restricted to tobacco, fruit, mint and menthol flavours. Options A and B would be a total nightmare, for juice makers and vapers.

I started it, decided it was complete nonsense and bailed. I'm not going to help them create policy that I oppose. I'm going to write to my MP and urge them to oppose ANY new restrictions on vaping for adults.

Back
Top Bottom