What's new

Free repair/service for mods

Sounds good to me :)
Sorry for the delay, please tag me in the future as i don't have all notifications on. Depending on the issue , it might be fixable without the need for a new screen but i will have to look at it. Pop me a pm

I'm new to the forum and vaping in general. What a great community and what a top guy for offering your services for free!

Hi Ya @KytanDale :)

Usually, I tend to speak with you via PM etc, but the project I have in mind, might make an interesting showcase for the members, so I will outline what I have been considering having done to one of my precious Mods, then, IF you feel it is something that you would be interested in looking at, we can take things further. :)

The Mod in question is my beloved Limelight Mechanics "Box ReBorn".
F36A5CDC-A6E9-4625-AA4B-3BA944DD8C1B.jpeg CC5660FB-9736-494A-BE38-7E7145AA7BCF.jpeg 8FFB43E1-B842-465E-A3EA-1DDE63A571CB.jpeg 759393FF-F3BA-40A4-BAD1-65925FBB3884.jpeg 460DA1C4-8A0E-43F7-86BA-EA16A302772E.jpeg

This is a DNA200 Mod, powered by the LiPo shown above.

From the outset..... I adore this Mod, it is perfect in the hand (For Me) and despite it's bulk, is extremely tactile :)

Now for the Fun Part......
I really don't like LiPos :( This Mod is now on its forth one and whilst they may well suit many vapers style of vaping, it doesn't really work for me.
Many Years ago now, I was in conversation with Dejan at Limelight and he mentioned that he had done a conversion on a couple of Box ReBorns. This involved transplanting a DNA60 to replace the DNA200 and then..... Converting the Mod to become an 18650 powered device. :)
Being the type of vaper that I am, DNA60 would still provide far more power than I would ever need, so to me, it would be the perfect solution.
Dejan sent me a picture of a completed job, which I have FINALLY found again.

Now I am NO expert when it comes to this sort of job, but I assume that some sort of Battery Sled would be required? As the pictures show, the Panels on both sides of the Mod are only held on with Magnets, so a Sled seem the likely choice?

Unfortunately, Dejan is unable to undertake the job now as the entire workshop is completely re jigged for his current production line. Spoke to his wife Maja yesterday and cursed my stupidity for not going ahead all those years ago :(

SO.......... A feasible project? Or sheer annoyance?? :)

This looks to be adecently easy project as long as a battery sled will fit in there (which seems to fit considering the picture). I think the board to go is a dna75 as it the same board as the 200, the dna60 board is diffrent with diffrent button placement and needs a charging board. Considering the squeeze space might consider usb charging rather that constant fidling with the battery as the dna's are safe chargers.

I am completely in you hands for this @KytanDale and will happily go with whatever you'd feel to be the best option.
OBVIOUSLY..... "I Hope", This being FAR from a "Repair" I would be happy to pay for whatever charges you wish.
SO? Should I send this one down for your perusal ? :)

I am completely in you hands for this @KytanDale and will happily go with whatever you'd feel to be the best option.
OBVIOUSLY..... "I Hope", This being FAR from a "Repair" I would be happy to pay for whatever charges you wish.
SO? Should I send this one down for your perusal ? :)
Please do send it and will have a nice project out of it :) .

Back
Top Bottom