What's new

Flying with ego pens & vaping in Spai....now Turkey!!

Chuck Norris

Achiever
We’re going to Menorca for a week in Sept but I haven’t flown for ages so what’s the deal these days with ecigs/juice/batteries?

Decided to take some of my older kit in case I lose anything or it gets confiscated! So I’ve got 4 old ego pen type batteries and 3 Kanger mini pro tank 3’s to take and found a pack of (old!!!) Kanger coils :)

Is there a limit on the batteries I can take? Also juice, I’m guessing my DIY bottles will be risky so thought about taking 5 different flavour 10ml ‘shop’ bottles.

Any issues with vaping out & about in Spain?

Thanks dave

as aviation rules are changing weekly its always best to check your carrier before you fly.
spain shouldnt be a problem though.
all in hand luggage. batteries fully charged and in safety boxes.
juice bottles max 100ml but make sure they dont have the skull & crossbones on the label as that is classed as a banned substance. diy should be fine with your own written labels. i think they still have to go in the small sealable bag with other liquids.
tanks will leak. they say leave upside down and they wont leak but id rather empty and fill when i land. what i usually do is put a bit of plastic over the bottle tip then screw shut which will stop the bottles leaking.

as far as i know you can vape anywhere except where smoking is not allowed like restaurants and hotels.

I go to Spain every year, I fire my 100ml DIY in the case and a 50ml in hand luggage to use, batteries in hand luggage in their wee plastic case and a lipo mod in my pocket, never had any hassle. All my stuff in hand luggage I keep in a wee coilmaster pouch with a spare mod and tank, easy to open and display, they've never seemed interested thus far.

I go to Spain every year, I fire my 100ml DIY in the case and a 50ml in hand luggage to use, batteries in hand luggage in their wee plastic case and a lipo mod in my pocket, never had any hassle. All my stuff in hand luggage I keep in a wee coilmaster pouch with a spare mod and tank, easy to open and display, they've never seemed interested thus far.
Coil kits should go in hold luggage if they contain scissors though.

Yeah Spain is fine. Make sure you empty your tanks beforehand as they will definitely leak due to the pressure.

Thanks everyone, should be good to go then :)

On a side note I found my old Natilus Mini & Silo tank last night looking for my Ego’s!! Thought I lost these in America 3 years ago!! Well chuffed!!!!

It's the sciccors that are banned from hand luggage along with knives or anything with a blade. A case like that with cotton, wire, coiing rods are fine. I used the phrase "coil kit" as in tools for coil making, not what they're in.

Strangely, scissors and small knives can go, as as long as the blades of either are no longer than 6cm. I do realise that every Airport interpret’s the rules differently but the official rule is 6cms. It’s tools that are actually forbidden even small screwdrivers, Allen keys etc... unless they are being carried for a wheelchair or a motorised scooter.

A handy guide to bookmark
https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

Change of plans, Spain’s out in Sept so we’re booking for Turkey start of October instead!

Quick google’s not looking good for vaping! Anyone been recently and had issues vaping here?

Back
Top Bottom