What's new

Flybe ecig/eliquid policy, anyone have problems with them?

I called customer services and got it confirmed over the phone as I was due to fly with them a a couple of weeks later.

Give them a call and they will confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Ive got no choice now, its booked up and was the easiest option for me down in the southwest. I going to have to give this some thought. If I could buy a cheap ego over in france I could get around it that way but I dont think there is anywhere in the disney area that sells them.

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing, with or without eLiquid, mind you with Flybe? take off's are optional, landings are mandatory, best of luck :drool:

I called customer services and got it confirmed over the phone as I was due to fly with them a a couple of weeks later.

Give them a call and they will confirm.

Ok, ill try that. Cheers

Despite the furore over this a while ago, FlyBe confirmed that eLiquid is absolutely fine in hold luggage and in your atty/tank.

Refill bottles are not allowed in cabin bags.

Not the greatest policy, but it can be worked around.

The earlier incident was down to a misinformed employee, not company policy.

The poor service added to the problem, but Flybe does still have the unnecessary, illogical & unfair policy of banning ANY refill bottles in the cabin, despite each one containing a tiny fraction of the nicotine found in the cigarettes carried in the cabin.

As Flybe operate a lot of short hops around Europe and charge extra for hold baggage, plenty of travellers travel with overnight cabin bags only and wouldn't have the option of putting bottles in the hold without having to pay extra for a hold bag just for carrying eliquid

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing

You don't have pilots in your family do you?. That was always my dads statement though he did say that having to rob parts from a ditched plane in the heart of africa, just to get theirs back in the sky, was a pain in the arse. Not the kind of thing that is allowed to happen these days but tbh seeing the state of some aircraft I wish they did.. whilst thinking 'thank god I'm not flying on that!'

The poor service added to the problem, but Flybe does still have the unnecessary, illogical & unfair policy of banning ANY refill bottles in the cabin, despite each one containing a tiny fraction of the nicotine found in the cigarettes carried in the cabin.

As Flybe operate a lot of short hops around Europe and charge extra for hold baggage, plenty of travellers travel with overnight cabin bags only and wouldn't have the option of putting bottles in the hold without having to pay extra for a hold bag just for carrying eliquid

Not disagreeing on the policy in any way shape or form. Just pointing out that the policy was never to ban eLiquid in hold luggage.

Fortunately, the hold baggage prices are pretty reasonable compared to most low cost carriers, so that is what I have done since. About £15/20 if booked online if memory serves.

You don't have pilots in your family do you?. That was always my dads statement though he did say that having to rob parts from a ditched plane in the heart of africa, just to get theirs back in the sky, was a pain in the arse. Not the kind of thing that is allowed to happen these days but tbh seeing the state of some aircraft I wish they did.. whilst thinking 'thank god I'm not flying on that!'

I am, PPL fixed wing, had it around 25 years, sadly no medical nowadays due to age + on my pension not enough cash to keep my share of the aircraft anyhow, miss it but it was fun!

I am, PPL fixed wing, had it around 25 years, sadly no medical nowadays due to age + on my pension not enough cash to keep my share of the aircraft anyhow, miss it but it was fun!

Ah I thought so, yeah I think it becomes part of you after a while. My dad started on the ground but then spent 25+ years in the air flying cl44's, L1011's and 747's (plus a few others). He managed in excess of 25,000 flying hours in the end as a flight engineer. Flying is certainly not the same these days

Ah I thought so, yeah I think it becomes part of you after a while. My dad started on the ground but then spent 25+ years in the air flying cl44's, L1011's and 747's (plus a few others). He managed in excess of 25,000 flying hours in the end as a flight engineer. Flying is certainly not the same these days

Over the years the increase in controlled airspace has ruined a lot of the fun of GA, I was taught in PA28's then Qual on most of Cessna range, bought a 10th share in TA67A (G-BIOW) ex RAF/USAF trainer, my BP became iffy & CAA doctors not happy me doing Aero's so bought a 5th share in a Grumman AA5 (G-OBMW) to plod around in, then lost my CAA Medical as I approached my 60,s flew out of Sherburn Aero Club (North Yorks) in fact taking my two youngest grandsons tomorrow for a walk round the hangars, they love it!

Only wish is that I started flying earlier in life, I was 40 so, too late to go whole hog as a commercial pilot, ah well!

Dont know if this will work but here's a video of 'Oscar Whisky' doing Aero's over the river Humber, great aircraft RIP (written off recently due to gear collapse)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...-ts=1422579428&v=qYGJC27dewY&x-yt-cl=85114404

Last edited:
Not disagreeing on the policy in any way shape or form. Just pointing out that the policy was never to ban eLiquid in hold luggage.

Fortunately, the hold baggage prices are pretty reasonable compared to most low cost carriers, so that is what I have done since. About £15/20 if booked online if memory serves.

£15-£20 is a bit steep just to carry your eliquid for a weekend away!
We travel to Amsterdam regularly & don't book hold baggage, as we don't need it for the small amount of luggage for a long weekend. I'd be pretty pissed off if I had to pay an extra £15-£20 solely to carry a few bottles of juice

Back
Top Bottom