What's new

Finally Getting Into Rebuildables

If you don't want to use water Matey, follow the advice given until you have done the pulsing of the coil, then instead of running it under water, strum the coil gently with a screwdriver or tweezers. Repeat Dry Burn, repeat strum, the blow off all residue that may have collected in the base. Then re wick etc as normal.

Thanks guys, i'm all good for now can't thank you guys enough for helping me get into rebuildables..definitely a good decision :) what was putting me off is i thought it would be difficult to wick etc, but once you've done it a few times wicking is easy and results in a really enjoyable vape :D

Hey chuffed for ya that you're getting the hang of it. See we all told you ages ago it would be easy with a bit of practice! Don't get too hung up on the colour of the cotton etc..there's no rules, if it tastes good then you're doing it right :)
If you feel uncertain at dousing the coil in water to clean it then @Rob's method works just as well.
Good on ya - you'll be wondering what all the fuss was about in no time :D

I've cleaned it as best i could, heated the coil up and run it carefully under a tap.

Is it a necessity to keep cleaning the coils ? thanks

I've cleaned it as best i could, heated the coil up and run it carefully under a tap.

Some liquids just require a simple dry burn as Rob suggested as they barely collect on the coil at all some need washing daily due to the high sugars.

no, it's not a necessity...

Clean them, leave them or bin them.

It doesn't really matter either way, whatever works for you.

So to clean the coil, take the cotton out, press the fire button till the coil turns orange/red, then run it under a tap carefully
i wont burn the coil when i press the fire button to heat it up or anything will i ?

So to clean the coil, take the cotton out, press the fire button till the coil turns orange/red, then run it under a tap carefully
i wont burn the coil when i press the fire button to heat it up or anything will i ?
I did this slightly different the other day. Removed cotton, pressed the fire button until it turned orange. Then removed the deck from the mod. Then ran cold water over the deck whilst gently brushing the coil with an old toothbrush. Emphasis gently.
Finally finished off cleaning the deck and coil by placing it into the ultrasonic cleaner. Result shiny coil and deck ready for rewicking when dry.

No you won't but I wouldn't be putting my mod near the tap either its much easier to fill a cup to the brim with cold water then hold your mod upside down and fire till they glow then dip the deck into the water in the cup [emoji4]

You won't burn the cotton because you've taken it out, what you are burning is the crap off the coil.... you want to burn that so it turns to what is basically soot so you can blow/clean it off.

you can't really burn metal, you know that right?

Back
Top Bottom