What's new

Drag x plus tc firmware

Jd_

Achiever
Good so far, doesnt really work, but the mod it self seems more stable.
20210718_184303.jpg

For those interested, this is the new release, june 2nd, not the original

https://m.voopoo.com/software.html
20210718_190217.jpg

Im on my phone n it blocks the download unless u r on a pc...but thats the link...its fw version 2.0 something release date june 2nd.

At the end of the upgrade the voopoo config program crashes, but the upgrade does finish ok it seems

Could you elaborate a little?
The first version fw that came with it without tc i was having probs with, and the first tc release was just a fiasco from what i hear.

The new tc firmware seems to be very stable in wattage mode.

I would be absolutely astounded if that little thing had a decent temp control function, but maybe, try it.

If u r going to use temp control get a hyperion, even tho ive seen ppl say stuff about it. As far as im concerned, if i wasnt full on into sbs mods now i would consider it almost perfect (1 ding for not being shiny, lol)

Edit-something needs to be billet aluminum and brown leather to be perfect

Could you elaborate a little?
Put it this way, if something happened to it, i probably wouldnt replace it, but i certainly dont regret buying it, especially for its price point. Its practically the same size as a 21700. If anything, use it as a backup/battery holder (like to bring with you on the go)

I would be absolutely astounded if that little thing had a decent temp control function, but maybe, try it.

Okay thanks.

I've been looking for some instructions on how to actually use the TC mode. But I find nothing on the VooPoo site and my attempts to contact their support addy result in bounce messages every time.

Last edited:
Okay thanks.

I've been looking for some instructions on how to actually use the TC mode. But I find nothing on the VooPoo site and my attempts to contact their support addy result in bounce messages every time.
Thats exactly my point with voopoo. Try to find the voopoo official on the subreddit ecigs or ecig forum (they r american based) , or maybe even on here.. ask @StrawberryRipple, he was their vip for a years and voopoo basicaly blew him off (it was straw ripple, right? Voopoo vip).
Maybe he can convince the voopoo ppl on this forum to give you some help personally

If you need help upgrading feel free to email me since i dont live in the forum anymore. @Mitz has my email and i authorize him to give it to u.

And btw...thats why i said get a hyperion, its the new dna board...as soon as they shove it in an abyss, that will become my forever mod...ive dropped it on wood floors, i even accidently thru it down into a concret slab...still good to go.

Btw, geekvape just came out with the aegis solo 2 and mini. Considering i still consider the original solo one of the best devices ever made, u should check into that as well.

Like i said, i didnt use to believe it, but once i learned how temp control actually works (its counterintuitive) i will never go with anything but a dna again for it

Thats exactly my point with voopoo. Try to find the voopoo official on the subreddit ecigs or ecig forum (they r american based) , or maybe even on here.. ask @StrawberryRipple, he was their vip for a years and voopoo basicaly blew him off (it was straw ripple, right? Voopoo vip).
Maybe he can convince the voopoo ppl on this forum to give you some help personally

If you need help upgrading feel free to email me since i dont live in the forum anymore. @Mitz has my email and i authorize him to give it to u.

And btw...thats why i said get a hyperion, its the new dna board...as soon as they shove it in an abyss, that will become my forever mod...ive dropped it on wood floors, i even accidently thru it down into a concret slab...still good to go.

Btw, geekvape just came out with the aegis solo 2 and mini. Considering i still consider the original solo one of the best devices ever made, u should check into that as well.

Like i said, i didnt use to believe it, but once i learned how temp control actually works (its counterintuitive) i will never go with anything but a dna again for it
Voopoop didn't like me giving the stuff they sent me away.
Or was it that i didn't personally review it :doh:either way they stopped sending me the stuff i essentially won according to their competition.
Hey ho it's saving me posting it on cos as i said at the start they've never made anything that appealed to me and this year has been no different :D

If you need help upgrading feel free to email me since i dont live in the forum anymore.

The upgrade worked fine once I worked out that the "download(u)" meant "Download to the device". Took a few seconds and no crash.
Also, the displayed version numbers do not appear to change after upgrading, which is just sloppy.

It was driving instructions for the user interface for TC I was looking for.

I couldn't work out how to switch from °F to °C -- I discovered the solution by accident. Scroll down from 200°F wraps to 315°C; and from 100°C to 600°F.

Also, once you're in TC mode, pressing + & - together takes into a screen that shows you the selected material with a 4 digit number that you can adjust up and down, but there is no explanation of what that number is,or why you would want to adjust it. I assume it has something to do with the relating temperature to the change in resistance, but ...

I'm also puzzled by what the little graph a the bottom of the display is supposed to be telling me?

But that also true of the 'speedo' gauge in 'smart' and 'rda' modes.

The upgrade worked fine once I worked out that the "download(u)" meant "Download to the device". Took a few seconds and no crash.
Also, the displayed version numbers do not appear to change after upgrading, which is just sloppy.

It was driving instructions for the user interface for TC I was looking for.

I couldn't work out how to switch from °F to °C -- I discovered the solution by accident. Scroll down from 200°F wraps to 315°C; and from 100°C to 600°F.

Also, once you're in TC mode, pressing + & - together takes into a screen that shows you the selected material with a 4 digit number that you can adjust up and down, but there is no explanation of what that number is,or why you would want to adjust it. I assume it has something to do with the relating temperature to the change in resistance, but ...

I'm also puzzled by what the little graph a the bottom of the display is supposed to be telling me?

But that also true of the 'speedo' gauge in 'smart' and 'rda' modes.

That adjustable 4 digit number is probably so you can manually insert the TCR of the material you are vaping as each different wire had a different rating and the mod is only pre-programmed to work with a limited number of them. You can google the TCR numbers for different wires if you decide to experiment with different TC materials. I have seen a few older Djslb? vids where he has suggested using a different TCR number for SS316 as he claimed it performed better than using the standard program in the mod - I haven't tried it myself - but I generally just vape in wattage mode.

Back
Top Bottom