What's new

Does it Meta

I always keep location services off, so i should be ok right ?

I always keep location services off, so i should be ok right ?

Should be fine mate, if you want to double check just down load one of the apps to double check what data is stored in the picture. I think thy iOS when I mentioned was free from memory.

Thanks for this Slanger, just made sure my iPhone is done and will do the kids Iphones later too!
Done my tab too

Your welcome worth doing mate. Too many nut jobs, crooks and bastards of all kind.

Phones are the main culprits but IIRC there are some digital cameras which record location data. If you're on a PC one sure fire way to strip an image of EXIF data is to take a screenshot and then paste it into a program like paint and then save it.

Phones are the main culprits but IIRC there are some digital cameras which record location data. If you're on a PC one sure fire way to strip an image of EXIF data is to take a screenshot and then paste it into a program like paint and then save it.

Indeed already mentioned but always worth reminding people and the screen grab is a good idea as long as it’s not connected to any GPS

Thanks for this, I just checked mine and it's off too.

On an Android phone it's pretty easy to check / turn off. Go into your Camera app, click the gear icon to go into settings, scroll down to Location tags and make sure it's turned off.

Thanks for the guide rawhead, I didnt know about this, but was easy to do following your post. Scary that it is on by default

Ive never heard off this but thanks for the heads up. Im not great at mobiles and pc stuff so cheers matey

Back
Top Bottom